Well that was bizarre!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
<singing> "I'm just a gal who can't say no...."
Off out to play in the woods in a couple of hours....out tomorrow and just got a text re a ride on Friday, which I've said yes to :biggrin:

Katherine

Guru
I came off my bike this morning for no clear reason. I had just left the doctor's, cycled 30m to the junction just in front of the surgery, braked to give way, went to put foot down and lost my balance and fell off! :ohmy: I think it was a combination of a light bike (the Pearson SS) which bucked as I braked, an odd camber which meant my left foot was way below the bike and wearing baggy trousers rather than lycra which snagged in some way possibly! I simply couldn't recover my balance and down I went :shy:

Some lovely school run mums came to check I was ok, one said it was weird, I just stopped and fell off. :blush: I think akin to a clipless moment (which I've not had) but I was in trainers!

I've grazed and bloodied my left elbow through my hoodie sleeve which isn't torn, slightly scraped and bruised my right shin on the pedal (grr) and have a rapidly stiffening bruised right hip/neck of femur :sad: So not only my pride which was hurt!

The weird thing is I've probably cycled through there 100+ times on all my bikes, it must just have been that specific angle or an act of God! :gun: I mean WTF?!? :wacko:

I wish you'd stop having accidents!
However, you'll probably feel worse tomorrow, so today is the best time for your long ride. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Sandra6

Veteran
If it makes you feel better I've done this too.

I ride the same route to work every week day, stop in pretty much the same spot at a rab. Then one day I just fell off. Sideways.
I think it was a combination of a loose shoe, the saddle being slightly higher and a definite dip in the road.
Whatever, I went to put my foot on the floor and missed.
There are few of us with these particular skills, so welcome to the elite ;-)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh @vickster you must stop falling off your bike(s) :stop:
If it makes you feel better, I recall when I fell off from stationary, stopped a split moment before I could slide off the saddle.
Or the other time, when I went to put my foot down on a canal path, the ground was uneven, down I went, bike on top of me :laugh:
GWS!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
To be fair, I've been knocked off, had my front wheel clipped by another cyclist, been taken down by abandoned 3m trunking in the road,conspired against by a mudguard and toe overlap, and now scuppered by a dodgy camber...none were my fault (completely) :whistle:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't...I outwitted the first piece and then the other two ganged up on me :sad:

andrewsdad

I came off my bike this morning for no clear reason. I had just left the doctor's, cycled 30m to the junction just in front of the surgery, braked to give way, went to put foot down and lost my balance and fell off! :ohmy: I think it was a combination of a light bike (the Pearson SS) which bucked as I braked, an odd camber which meant my left foot was way below the bike and wearing baggy trousers rather than lycra which snagged in some way possibly! I simply couldn't recover my balance and down I went :shy:

Some lovely school run mums came to check I was ok, one said it was weird, I just stopped and fell off. :blush: I think akin to a clipless moment (which I've not had) but I was in trainers!

I've grazed and bloodied my left elbow through my hoodie sleeve which isn't torn, slightly scraped and bruised my right shin on the pedal (grr) and have a rapidly stiffening bruised right hip/neck of femur :sad: So not only my pride which was hurt!

The weird thing is I've probably cycled through there 100+ times on all my bikes, it must just have been that specific angle or an act of God! :gun: I mean WTF?!? :wacko:
Must have been hilarious for the mums to witness.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I'd take more tonic with your breakfast Gin if I were you ....

Top Bottom