Well that was bizarre!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I came off my bike this morning for no clear reason. I had just left the doctor's, cycled 30m to the junction just in front of the surgery, braked to give way, went to put foot down and lost my balance and fell off! :ohmy: I think it was a combination of a light bike (the Pearson SS) which bucked as I braked, an odd camber which meant my left foot was way below the bike and wearing baggy trousers rather than lycra which snagged in some way possibly! I simply couldn't recover my balance and down I went :shy:

Some lovely school run mums came to check I was ok, one said it was weird, I just stopped and fell off. :blush: I think akin to a clipless moment (which I've not had) but I was in trainers!

I've grazed and bloodied my left elbow through my hoodie sleeve which isn't torn, slightly scraped and bruised my right shin on the pedal (grr) and have a rapidly stiffening bruised right hip/neck of femur :sad: So not only my pride which was hurt!

The weird thing is I've probably cycled through there 100+ times on all my bikes, it must just have been that specific angle or an act of God! :gun: I mean WTF?!? :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
It was the stopping that did it!

Fubar

Guru
I came off my bike this morning for no clear reason. I had just left the doctor's, cycled 30m to the junction just in front of the surgery, braked to give way, went to put foot down and lost my balance and fell off! :ohmy: I think it was a combination of a light bike (the Pearson SS) which bucked as I braked, an odd camber which meant my left foot was way below the bike and wearing baggy trousers rather than lycra which snagged in some way possibly! I simply couldn't recover my balance and down I went :shy:

Some lovely school run mums came to check I was ok, one said it was weird, I just stopped and fell off. :blush: I think akin to a clipless moment (which I've not had) but I was in trainers!

I've grazed and bloodied my left elbow through my hoodie sleeve which isn't torn, slightly scraped and bruised my right shin on the pedal (grr) and have a rapidly stiffening bruised right hip/neck of femur :sad: So not only my pride which was hurt!

The weird thing is I've probably cycled through there 100+ times on all my bikes, it must just have been that specific angle or an act of God! :gun: I mean WTF?!? :wacko:

Perhaps 'cos you WEREN'T clipped in?? I always find it weird if I've been working on the bike and take it for a test ride in "normal" clothes and shoes - feels totally different.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the normal clothes, possibly the lack of clipless as I do usually ride that bike clipped, but didn't want to click clack around the doctor's! It's less than a 10 minute ride from home too :blush:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hows the bike ^_^
Fine. it fell over while I was unlocking the front door too. I think I may put it away in the Asgard for some respite from my abuse!!

Cyclist33

Had a clipless moment navigating a crossing yesterday, wounded only my pride, but also heartrendingly, the 105 badged bit of the left shifter. Now it just looks a mess!

ScotiaLass

Guru
I think the normal clothes, possibly the lack of clipless as I do usually ride that bike clipped, but didn't want to click clack around the doctor's! It's less than a 10 minute ride from home too :blush:
Last time I wore jeans on the bike, (the other week) I pulled up to stop at my gate on the MTB, caught my hem, overbalanced but managed to recover enough where I didn't fall on the ground, but still staggered off and took my bash guard with me!
Hope you're okay :hugs:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah just stiff when I move. The irony is I'm off to the cycling physio later for a bike fit. I've got to ride there. I'm also seeing another physio about my shoulder (which is why I was at the doc getting a referral) :wacko: That feels better than it did, probably due to the painkillers (and other ails distracting me from it)

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yeah just stiff when I move. The irony is I'm off to the cycling physio later for a bike fit. I've got to ride there. I'm also seeing another physio about my shoulder (which is why I was at the doc getting a referral) :wacko: That feels better than it did, probably due to the painkillers (and other ails distracting me from it)
Probably a bit of bruising then :sad:
I'm only just recovering from my MTB off a month ago, where I sustained quite a bit of bruising and my hip had to be x-rayed last week (waiting on results). It's much better now but boy was I in some pain :sad:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah I am seizing up a bit, hobbly to walk, not helped by sitting working. Here's hoping I can cycle 20+ miles later!

Top Bottom