Well worth it for a helmet light !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

0230893_l.jpg

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/0230893

Monst

Yup. Seconded. been using this type for the last 2 seasons. Good enuff light to get you home, or to get you to the start of a ride to save your main lights. Fix punctures etc or to use when riding in a bunch thus saving your main light for when its your turn at the front. Also, as it has a red option, to use as an emergency rear light. Energiser also make a bigger, brighter big brother version of this too - about £14

Monst

How do you use as headlight

-on forehead under helmet ? -NO, that would be silly as it would cover your eyes.

- over helmet ? (is the strap big enough to fit round a helmet ? doesn't it keep slipping off ?)

YES, use strap to hold on to helmet. there is a rubber pad on the back of the light unit. And yes, strap is big enough. And it will not fall of if cable ties are used to hold the light unit on etc. Or one could do, as I do, which is wrap the strap around the peak of a removeable helmet peak.

The One thing I didn't mention is that the light unit itself swings away from the battery part so the light can be angled anywhere you want. Thus when you fix it to your helmet, the light beam is not pointing upwards, but onto the road.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Monst said:
Yup. Seconded. been using this type for the last 2 seasons. Good enuff light to get you home, or to get you to the start of a ride to save your main lights. Fix punctures etc or to use when riding in a bunch thus saving your main light for when its your turn at the front. Also, as it has a red option, to use as an emergency rear light. Energiser also make a bigger, brighter big brother version of this too - about £14

I reckon the one ive got is good enough for a main light though ive always wanted to 'alter' a halogen light (the type you get on a house) - that teach the bastardcardrivers, though id like to see the one outlined!

Top Bottom