wellgo pedals and Carnac shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chiefwiggum

Just venturing into clipless pedals and have purhased a set of Wellgo, look compatible pedals and Carnac shoes for £59.99 from Pearson Cycles. Any strong opinion on Wellgo pedals or are they an acceptable cheap way to try clipless, will they put me off?. Should of asked before making the purchase I guess. Items have not yet arrived, theres a good chance they will sit in the box a while as I pluck up courage to use them!

OP
OP
Chiefwiggum

Chiefwiggum

Pedals and shoes arrived today and look to be of reasonable quality, however quick question on how shoes should fit. I wear a size 44 normal shoe. the shoes are a size 45 they fit well on width and in the heel, but there is a space of about 1.5cm in the toe. I can return them for a full refund if not used so will the space cause my foot to slip resulting in discomfort or will it mean the cleat is wrongly positioned and potentialy cause damage to me or the shoes. Any advice gratefully received.

monnet

Guru
Chiefwiggum said:
Just venturing into clipless pedals and have purhased a set of Wellgo, look compatible pedals and Carnac shoes for £59.99 from Pearson Cycles. Any strong opinion on Wellgo pedals or are they an acceptable cheap way to try clipless, will they put me off?. Should of asked before making the purchase I guess. Items have not yet arrived, theres a good chance they will sit in the box a while as I pluck up courage to use them!

I originally got Look pedals years ago and I've been through a few pairs. The last ones snapped halfway up a hill in Spain at siesta time. I went into the nearest bike shop and asked for Look and all they had were Wellgo, they've served me very well for the last 4 years, so I'd say you've made a good purchase.

One word of advice though - I've found that the Wellgo cleats are not nearly as good as the Look cleats (slightly different design) when it comes to clicking in/out.

Top Bottom