Wendler 531

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chambers625

Does anyone have any experience with this program and integrating biking with it. The basics of the program are low reps (5-1 range) and concentrating on deadlift, squat, bench, and OHP with a couple accessory lifts to create balance and increase strength in the 4 main lifts. The program has many variations and I'm thinking about doing the two day a week one and was wondering if anyone had done it and could give me advice on how to balance it so the squatting doesn't kill my cycling.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Squats you say
maxresdefault.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this program and integrating biking with it. The basics of the program are low reps (5-1 range) and concentrating on deadlift, squat, bench, and OHP with a couple accessory lifts to create balance and increase strength in the 4 main lifts. The program has many variations and I'm thinking about doing the two day a week one and was wondering if anyone had done it and could give me advice on how to balance it so the squatting doesn't kill my cycling.
There's almost no chance that such a program will not interfere with cycling. Elite cyclists would do that type of exercises in the off season. They use a system called periodisation and would start with such strength exercises after a period of rest, just after the season's peak.

Top Bottom