Were the moon landings faked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So Siberia - eastern Asia - is part of North America?

No, but you know you are still completely wrong. Continents are a bit of a moveable feast for a start; they were (are) sociopolitical constructs as much as geological / geophysical ones (hence the difference between the tectonic and the political boundaries and nomenclature, for example) - you can read Lewis and Wigen's rather excellent book, The Myth of Continents, for more details.

Secondly, Greenland is part of a large archipelago of islands, most of which are part of Canada, it isn't somehow completely different from the rest of them. If the Canadian Arctic is part of North America, then Greenland is too. Who owns it because of colonial history, is neither here nor there in geophysical terms; you might as well as argue that the Falklands / Malvinas are part of the continent of Europe. They aren't, even though they may be politically ruled by the UK.

Finally, in none of the conventional division of continents, whatever their cultural / geophysical basis, (whether 4, 5, 6 or 7 continents) is Greenland anything other than part of (North) America. I have no idea where you got the idea from...

Continental_models-Australia.gif

Lpoolck

Veteran
You have your own proof of course!

That'd be a NO then.

I am not sure what you want me to say - are you wanting me to have my own personal proof - as in a selfie of me on the moon with today's newspaper? Unfortunately I do not have this, as this may surprise many I have not been to the moon, alas.

If you are just wishing for general proof, then the evidence is clearly out there showing the landings actually happened. Do you not have knowledge of this or do you choose not to believe it? I hope it is the former, in which case a quick google search brings this up - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

All the proof I ever required was from the LRO and subsequently the Chandrayaan-I.

Tin Pot

Guru
I am not sure what you want me to say - are you wanting me to have my own personal proof - as in a selfie of me on the moon with today's newspaper? Unfortunately I do not have this, as this may surprise many I have not been to the moon, alas.

If you are just wishing for general proof, then the evidence is clearly out there showing the landings actually happened. Do you not have knowledge of this or do you choose not to believe it? I hope it is the former, in which case a quick google search brings this up - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

All the proof I ever required was from the LRO and subsequently the Chandrayaan-I.

Nice link. I did not know the reflectors were placed by unmanned missions.

Lpoolck

Veteran
Nice link. I did not know the reflectors were placed by unmanned missions.

If I am not mistaken they also provide evidence that the Moon is slowly moving away from Earth as they can measure the distance with high accuracy using the reflectors.

Lpoolck

Veteran
Known in '64, as was the rate.

Was it that early - I thought it was the early 70s - I could be wrong? I did not explain myself well, I meant that until the reflectors were placed on the Moon they could only measure the distance with less accurate measurements, until the reflectors which give the distance with high accuracy.

Australia in any way other than they're both large islands.
I'm not sure if this is a troll, but Australia is not an island.

IIRC there is no clear definition.

However Australia has its own Tectonic Plate and is therfore separate... therefore fitting one of the definitions

Top Bottom