Wester Ross bike with new pictures 08/03

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Let me know if it is too big for you :okay:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Milkfloat seller has listed it on e bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222033867147?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T

before i got there looks great not sure re value my self he claims he was told about 2-2.5k by a London shop .

if anybody wants any info feel free to ask me as i made some notes

WP_20160225_004.jpg
WP_20160225_006.jpg

pubrunner

Legendary Member
At the end of the day, Wester Ross bikes/frames are almost too rare - many who might have heard of Ephgrave, Hetchins etc., won't have heard of Wester Ross. Whilst it is very rare, very well constructed etc., it is only a 531ST frame - I like frames of that tubing, but they can usually be picked up off EBay for around £100 (or less). The primary value lies in the (obscure) name.

It is a lovely bike, but I think that it'll do very well to reach £600.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cough... How much? Is that a London shop called "I saw you coming"?

not quite its in a local bric a brack shop that is run by 2 guys that do house clearances , and one thinks its his meal ticket for life !

Barn find....

Shaun

claims it was only washed down with some soapy water then a wipe over with a dry cloth , it was strange how no damp bits or drying streaks were visable but hey it is what it is

and it did look nice and wouldnt need much yo get it mobile

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
its a shame these type of guys do a house clearance and end up with something as good as that. the person who had it may have saved a good while to afford it and it ends up on ebay for a few quid.

He claimed he nearly sold it earlier in the day before he contacted me, when someone walked in and offered him £45 for it!!

Top Bottom