Westerley evening TT series, Hillingdon Circuit, west London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
OK - sent you PM

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
52 - there are photos of 51 and 53, so I guess my ugly mug didn't match the aesthetic he was going for.. You?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A few pictures from this evenings 10

125_zpsoqghgkar.jpg

097_zpso77jyrdc.jpg

094_zpshllqxdwk.jpg

Attachments

• 125_zpsoqghgkar.jpg
    125_zpsoqghgkar.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 097_zpso77jyrdc.jpg
    097_zpso77jyrdc.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 094_zpshllqxdwk.jpg
    094_zpshllqxdwk.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 58

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Is there a map of the H25/4 ? I'm doing this one on the 24th and would like to give it a run tomorrow . Its probably my rubbish google skills but I cant find any of the club routes mapped out let alone other routes .
I haven't booked for the next 10 at Hillingdon due to doing the 25 on the Sunday but if you don't mind me bringing the camera again then I will come along . Might put the bike in the van just incase there is a free spot .

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Here it is. You start at Great Missenden and head towards Wendover. Turn at the bottom of the bypass and come all the way back to Amersham. Then turn there, back through Gt Missenden again before turning for the last time at the top of the bypass (don't go back down it again as on the first lap). Then it's a (mostly) downhill charge to the finish just before Gt Missenden.

It's not a fast course but it is quite interesting to ride as it is varied. It tends to be windy on all but the calmest days and the road surface is not great in some places, but it is quite flat overall. There's only one significant hill, on the Great Missenden bypass, but coming up the Wendover bypass can be a real slog if the wind is against you.

Good luck!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks Frank .
I went down there today but my garmin did a fart after about 5 miles so I have no idea if I turned at the right point or not . I can also see why its held early mornings as cars whizzing by at 60mph on a single lane country road at 3pm Sunday afternoon isn't that much fun although I still enjoyed the day finding the start point and what not .
http://app.strava.com/activities/306474555

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes, the traffic builds up on that road so it is best to be out of the way by 10 o'clock.
You did the 10 course, which is the same as the start of the 25. It was a bit windy today so the Wendover bypass might have been quite tough, but probably helping you back up the hill, so not as bad as when it is from the East.
Looks like you turned at the right place. On the 25, the second time you go that way you will turn at the earlier roundabout.

Top Bottom