Wet Biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just cancelled my Sky Ride for this Sunday as the weather forecast gives a 90% chance of rain.:sad: Now if I'm out on a ride it rains and I get soaked so be it but I'm buggered if I'll go out into the rain to get soaked :wacko: would you?
You big wuss.
Call yourself a cyclist .....

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I find if you are wearing the right gear it doesnt make a difference after 5 minutes riding.

But the coffee and cake stops are so much nicer than dry days.

Steve

MikeW-71

Veteran
Just cancelled my Sky Ride for this Sunday as the weather forecast gives a 90% chance of rain.:sad: Now if I'm out on a ride it rains and I get soaked so be it but I'm buggered if I'll go out into the rain to get soaked :wacko: would you?
I admit I prefer to be a fair-weather rider. If I'm already out and it rains... well, tough, that's why I brought the rain jacket with me. If it's already raining, I don't go out.

Unless I have booked to be somewhere. I drove 2 hours to get to a forum ride knowing that the forecast looked showery. It began to rain as we set off and the "shower" lasted the next 4 hours :laugh:. It was a warm day, so after 10 minutes and we were all as wet as we would get, it was a very pleasant ride!

We have a 4 day tour coming up next week and the weather looks showery again.... :bicycle:

wisdom

Guru
I commute every day by choice. Rain is just rain.Once soaked you dont get any wetter. Modern kit makes a huge difference. I try to dry it at work as theres nothing worse than putting on wet gear for the commute home.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
You big wuss.
Call yourself a cyclist .....
He best not put his name down for a FNRttC if you are also booked on!

Top Bottom