Wet Wet Wet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
its looking wet again got drenched last night coming home and it looks the same for going in again this afternoon :rolleyes: Could be a train day

Wolf04

MrGrumpy said:
its looking wet again got drenched last night coming home and it looks the same for going in again this afternoon :rolleyes: Could be a train day

It's only water, get on yer bike!:rolleyes:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
MrGrumpy said:
its looking wet again got drenched last night coming home and it looks the same for going in again this afternoon :evil: Could be a train day

I could see the sky darkening on the way home to Leith last night, but I made it home about 20 minutes before the rain started. It was absolutely torrential !! No luck being caught in that.

GAVSTER

I took the trasin last night and still got p*ss wet in the three miles from station to home.

Hot showerwhen I got in was better tho'

domtyler

Über Member
If you're going to live in the Arctic circle then surely you can bear a little adverse weather? If not, come on down south, it's fuggin gorgeous out today, I have my short sleeves on! :evil:

gavintc

Guru
goo_mason said:
I could see the sky darkening on the way home to Leith last night, but I made it home about 20 minutes before the rain started. It was absolutely torrential !! No luck being caught in that.

Yep, got from Linlithgow to Barnton on just wet roads, then it got progressively worse - pissing it down.

Plax

Guru
It was raining this morning but had stopped by the time I set off which was good. Awfully windy again though. Was stuck at about 11mph down the hill I can normally freewheel down at around 26mph. More of the same tomorrow with strong winds, with the added bonus of heavy rain. Can't wait!

Plax

Guru
Well, got absolutely soaked this morning. The kind of weather where I probably would have taken the car had I not decided to set my "June Challenge" and cycle commute to work every day for a month. Gear is hanging up in the shower room to dry. Pretty much dried now thankfully.

Had one twonk overtake me and then immediately turn left across me. I was going that way anyway so when the car had to slow down immediately after turning for a speed bump I overtook them and sped off. Gets on my nerves that does, "ooh look cyclist, quick lets overtake!" and then they bl**dy go slower than you!

Other than that it was quite a fun commute, I couldn't see where I was going and parts of the roads were like mini pools. Nearly got soaked by a tidal wave from an oncoming bus, but thankfully it missed me!

Should be dry enough by home time to get another soaking :becool:.

Top Bottom