Wetherspoons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Dropped into Weatherspoons in Barnstaple today - the Watergate on the Strand - and we had 2 x excellent Fish and Chips, washed down with a couple of pints of beer, for £11.96!
We drop in quite regularly. Unlimited coffee, with a slice of very nice cake, for less than a fiver per couple always goes down well.
Service is always quick and the food is consistent at all the ones we've been to. The staff always seem to be happy as well !
Weatherspoons is rapidly becoming the only place us pensioners can afford to eat out! LOL
How do they do it?

(I must add that I have absolutely no affiliation to Weatherspoons at all - I'm just a satisfied customer)
I like a nice Weatherspoons. Reasonable quality and lots of coffee.
Have you tried a 'Crown Carvery' chain pub. Mon - Sat carvery at 3.95 per person. Excellent value and you can load your plate with a ton of veg and spuds.

pplpilot

Guru
I spend a LOT of time away from home, hotel to hotel, and a few times in the last months I've tried a few Wetherspoon hotels, very impressed with the standards of the room amd cleanliness and cheap too, dont think I've paid more than £50. One of the best steaks (as pub grub goes) I've had for a long time was on one such visit at the one in Kings Lynn. Decent beer, decent (for what it is...) food, a nice clean room a small stagger away and good breakfast, whats not to like?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I like a nice Weatherspoons. Reasonable quality and lots of coffee.
Have you tried a 'Crown Carvery' chain pub. Mon - Sat carvery at 3.95 per person. Excellent value and you can load your plate with a ton of veg and spuds.

None of those down here - nearest is over 50 mile away. :sad:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We have the same problem with Harvesters.
Nearest Harvester is in Exeter - best part of 60 miles away. :blink:
We've got four Weatherspoons though - two in Barnstaple, one each in Bideford and Ilfracombe.:thumbsup:

screenman

Legendary Member
Have you spent much time in Lincolnshire, non national normally means same or lower quality with a higher price.

Do not get me wrong as I will happily support the smaller business, but in this county they just do not try hard enough.

Classic example, local pub fish and chips £11.95 pint £3.60 neither very good and poor service. I could lists loads more.

Top Bottom