Whaley Bridge - Toddbrook Reservoir Damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
"300 million gallons, you say. Could you give me that in hogsheads, please?"
Divide by 6665.

Usually a alcoholic measurement, as it relates to barrel size.

I'm not an enthusiast - I'm equally adept in either. I prefer imperial, but can move smoothly and without paused between different standards.

In these modern, international times, it is as poor form to be adept in the use of only a single standard as it is to be able to speak only a single language. I would no sooner want the entire planet to go Metric (or indeed imperial) to the exclusion of all other standards than I would for them to speak a single language to the exclusion of all others.

Knowledge is power. Ignorance is simply, well, ignorance.

Its a good job I understand both then isn't it :okay:

tom73

Guru
View attachment 478788

Pretty sure he's saying, "You see that plant over there? I've got one of them on the allotment". God bless, Dianne, though. You gotta love an optimist.

I did hear it was more like you see them brushed velvet green curtains? People tell me they are popular. So tomorrow I will announce once elected everyone will get a pair for free. Oh by the way did i tell you we want an election ?

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Got to give her credit for her mad hair though. Must take some doing to get to stay like that :rolleyes:

Copper.jpg

Thunderbirds are go

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Back to the dam.

It's easy to see today why the collapse risk was thought to be so high - water has been leaking through the dam as can be seen here:

dam1.jpg

There's a clear flow through the damaged section on the right They're probably trying to get the water level below that; the problem being that that soil washout can lead to enlargement of the flow at an exponential rate.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The leaky bit on the right - not sure if it's concrete that's been poured in or fillers. I.e. staining Derbyshire Fire have a drone video of it and it doesn't move, so I think staining. Looks bad, but that will be the 'stabiliser's they have been putting down.

Top Bottom