What’s the worst film you’ve seen recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Arrival. The reviewers who thought this was a complex and meaningful movie need either to get out more or stay indoors and read some decent sci-fi.

Apologies for slight spoiler but the world's leading linguist makes a communications breakthrough by taking off her spacesuit helmet and pointing at herself. It just gets worse from then on.
Good call. It was indeed a turkey fit for Christmas. Tho' not quite as bad as Inception, unquestionably 'the worst film I’ve seen recently'. The kind of overblown fatuous twaddle drug-addled west coast American Tommy Hilfigger-wearing numbskulls purport to 'get' in an attempt to broadcast their immense capacity to appreciate profundity. :stop:

[QUOTE 5014622, member: 45"]If you can grit your teeth through that appalling highway number, it does get better.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn’t.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
For me it was American Warships with Mario Van Peebles (Captain and Carl Weathers.

View: https://youtu.be/Yr-Y8IeWymo

I didn’t think they made films this bad these days but this one is a turkey of truly gargantuan proportions. It’s not helped by Van Peebles who isn’t a great actor, in fact I’ve seen less wooden portrayals in Pinocchio. Carl Weathers is quite good but struggles with a terrible script. The plot revolves around a US fighter plane being attacked by North Korea, or so the military think but in fact aliens are responsible. The special effects are laughable and would disgrace a fifties sci fi movie.
Memorable quote; They’re not going to sink MY Battleship. Captain James Winston.
What’s the worst one for you?

A while ago, but I didn't like Inception. Didn't get the plot at all. *Dons hardhat*

Davos87

Guru
Not a new film but had the singular misfortune to start watching The Royal Tenenbaums recently.
Do yourself a favour and if you ever see it advertised give it a very wide birth indeed.
Absolute cack!!!!!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not a new film but had the singular misfortune to start watching The Royal Tenenbaums recently.
Do yourself a favour and if you ever see it advertised give it a very wide birth indeed.
Absolute cack!!!!!
YES!

After The Life Aquatic... i decided that all of Wes Anderson's films were worth watching... sadly, they're not :sad:

Tin Pot

Guru
Interstellar?
The Hobbit?
And I can't believe anyone has watched Plan 9 recently.

You guys and gals don't know your bad movies.

Mega shark vs Mecha shark

It's a royal flush to your pair of twos in this poker game.

U

User6179

Nude Nuns with Big Guns

My all time worst film was Lion Man from the late 70s which I once hired out from the local video shop but this is a close second.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I never bothered with it, but I did read a review that said, "I could make a better film than that by strapping a Box Brownie to my dog."

:laugh:There not wrong

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Any of the three Hobbit films. I liked the Lord of the Rings ones, and was hoping that they weren't as bad as I had heard. At least they were on the telly and didn't cost me anything.
Greedy film studio meant they took a very thin book and spread it very thinly over 3 films.

Top Bottom