What’s this and where can I buy it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
The little black Skinny cable outer in this picture? This piece is staying where it is but I think some might help on another bike I have - but I’ve tried searching for everything and can’t find anything! Any help gratefully received!

Attachments

• F4B032D4-E31D-4EA7-907A-DF1EF0B81DD6.jpeg
    F4B032D4-E31D-4EA7-907A-DF1EF0B81DD6.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 29

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

alicat

Legendary Member
Don't buy that - the outers for brakes and gears are different, 1m is too short if it's going to the back of the bike.and they are referred to as 'outers' not 'tubing' or it probably isn't good quality.

Tell us what you are trying to replace or just go in your local bike shop or Halfords and ask them for a replacement.

EDIT - ignore the above. I misread the OP's post.

Last edited:

derrick

Don't buy that - the outers for brakes and gears are different, 1m is too short if it's going to the back of the bike.and they are referred to as 'outers' not 'tubing' or it probably isn't good quality.

Tell us what you are trying to replace or just go in your local bike shop or Halfords and ask them for a replacement.
You buy it by the metre. Quality is fine. I use it as a guide when changing cables on internal cable set ups.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
496783AB-C532-4D86-BD7F-D0299D9DB9A4.jpeg
0D6EF1A8-6B1C-41CB-A109-BF0CF1ED76EE.jpeg

Fair point.

The longer version of the story is that I have an Argon 18 Gallium that has a really rather silly front derailleur setup resulting on a really heavy lever through as the cable kinks through a small metal tube through the frame. My though was that a super slim cable outer might reduce that friction. See pics below. I’ve spoken to a few bike shops who have all suggested I get an electronic groupset instead...

derrick

I doubt Halfords would know what it is.

Top Bottom