What a beautiful day for a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After 4 months of darkness, today was the first day to get light to and from work,
and a glorious crisp morning and a beautiful ride home, its been a long winter, very cold and hard work, but days like today more than make up for it, roll on the summer !

carolonabike

Lovely up here too. I extended my ride home by 4 miles so I could go home through the park and along the seafront :smile: .

Glow worm

Legendary Member
After 4 months of darkness, today was the first day to get light to and from work,
and a glorious crisp morning and a beautiful ride home, its been a long winter, very cold and hard work, but days like today more than make up for it, roll on the summer !

Yes it was a real joy today. We've really earnt it after battling through all weathers and darkness for months. I was lucky to have the day off so went for a spin up to Wicken Fen and back - saw 3 barn owls on Burwell Fen which capped a great day!

Chichak

Great here too. Had the day off so squared away 28 miles.
biggrin.gif

I was thinking that too, clear skies, little wind, 13c.

Pain is I arrived at work in -2c conditions so didn't really have light stuff, dropped a few layers though and sorted for the most.

OP
OP
kevin_cambs_uk
Yes it was a real joy today. We've really earnt it after battling through all weathers and darkness for months. I was lucky to have the day off so went for a spin up to Wicken Fen and back - saw 3 barn owls on Burwell Fen which capped a great day!

I have seen some owls on my morning commutes, but where I live there is a large swan presence, and yesterday morning 2 were flying in formation and landed on a lake near the guided busway, simply stunning, poetry in motion, they fly in formation, just brilliant. You don't see that in the car !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Still dark going into work but it was lovely and sunny but still cold coming home , the magicshine stil in use on the back roads at 6 am or so but getting light by the time i get to work.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The ride home on Saturday morning (leave work at 7am) was a joy and included a detour from my usual Hazel Grove - Ashton-under-Lyne route so I could ride through Marple, Compstall and over Werneth Low. Only 3 extra miles but pure joy to be riding in daylight......... and dryness........ and relative warmth........ and not in a hurry :becool:

Top Bottom