What. A. Day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ouch! I know your pain.

One March along the canal on my new MTB I tried to ride under a very low bridge. Got half-way and didn't see the upturned cobble. Splash!

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Just found this picture from minutes before... Twatting canal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 63

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A few months back, when I had a few dizzy spells, I wondered to myself what would have happened if I'd had one whilst cycling on one of the paths right next to the Yarra River in Melbourne's CBD. This river gets dirtier the closer you are to the CBD, a bit embarrassing, really, and I have no desire to ever dunk myself in it!

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Well I'm pleased to announce that (somehow!) my phone appears to have made a full recovery. That was actually my biggest worry! I never bothered insuring it and wasn't happy about the prospect of replacing it - although don't tell @confusedcyclist

Hands are very sore. Think I pulled myself out using brambles and my palms look they've been used as cat scratching posts. Off to the LBS to ask them politely to replace a slow punctured inner tube as just thinking about peeling tyres off is hurting at the moment!

Thanks for all your kind(ish) words!

Twinks

Über Member
Eeyukkkk!!!! We used to fish for tiddlers in the canal when we were kids. Caught more leeches than anything:eek:. Bet you got out as fast as you went in. I would have! :laugh: Glad you're ok........but thanks for the giggle..

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Thanks for all the well wishes. Feeling good today and even went out for a little tootle after getting the tyre sorted at the LBS.

Incidently, the fall knocked my right brake lever in a bit, which I found to be really very comfortable, so I got the lbs to move the other one in as well!

Silver linings and all

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I have to vent. Mostly at my own stupidity.

I thought I'd aim for my first 50 mile run today, Liverpool to Blackpool to visit my family. Weather was looking good, new panniers fitted, go go go!

15 miles in the route I'd planned started taking me down some canal paths which was fine. I didn't mind taking it slow, especially considering it was almost twice as far as I've cycled in one go before. The terrin started getting worse (Liverpool/Leeds canal I think) and I started looking for routes back on to an A road. Just as I'd worked out where I was supposed to go I had my first proper off, back wheel caught some mud, slipped and then bounced into the edge of the very narrow carved out track and off I went.

Right into the fecking canal!

iPhone 6 in my back pocket (now in a bag of rice with many prayers being spoken) 3 inch gash in my hand which has since been glued up and a level of embarrassment I just didn't kmow was possible! Alas, I manned up and cycled the rest of the way anyway, cussing myself and dripping blood all over the handlebars.

Remind me why we do this to ourselves?!
You are now a hardcore cyclist...im actually a little jealous.

Top Bottom