What a difference 30 mins make!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sadjack

OK I live in the country and I dont't see the traffic you townies do. My commute is 26 miles round trip on quiet country lanes in the most part. I normally leave for work after 9am (because I can, I work for myself :angry:)

Today I needed to be in a bit earlier and left at 8.30am.

WOW, those quiet country lanes were now a rat run of vans and cars :tongue: On at least 3 occasions I was passed so close and fast that it startled me and left me shouting obcenities. :smile:

Hats off to you lot that cope with that every day, me? its back to travelling after 9am......until the next time I have to be early.

Jezston

Über Member
Round my way, cycling in after 9am tends to be more dangerous! Guessing the streets are full of the hungover running late and world-weary taxi and bus drivers reaching the end of their shift - seems to be much less attention being paid the later you get.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I see the same cars at the same time, same place on my 6:30 - 8:00 ride. Unsettles me a bit when i do it at a dfferent time and the road's full of 'strangers'.

Im used to it...it's rare that I would have the same time two days on the trot let alone 5 or 7.So I leave at different times and do different shifts...Finish different times also...varies a lot...

Top Bottom