What a horrible human

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
It's the fact after doing all that, ripping off his own wing mirror and all, knowing that there were other vehicles present, that he still denied any wrongdoing. He's sitting today thinking he's been hard done by. Hopefully the young lad gets back on a new bike sooner rather than later, although it'll take a bit of time to get other this I'd say.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Please let there be jail time and that he has plenty of time to reflect upon his appalling behaviour.

rugby bloke

Veteran
It's the fact after doing all that, ripping off his own wing mirror and all, knowing that there were other vehicles present, that he still denied any wrongdoing. He's sitting today thinking he's been hard done by. Hopefully the young lad gets back on a new bike sooner rather than later, although it'll take a bit of time to get other this I'd say.
That's what struck me - he sounded like he was in a complete state of denial, Told a pack of lies that were contradicted by the witness.

D

Deleted member 26715

Every case of this nature should result in a vehicle deprivation order for the perpetrator.
I think that would be a far better result than jail, jail is not going to do him any good, take his license off him for life, make him do community service 10-20 miles from his home & every time he is late or doesn't show up extend the duration.

Put a court order on him, banning him from any form of motorised transport

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think that would be a far better result than jail, jail is not going to do him any good, take his license off him for life, make him do community service 10-20 miles from his home & every time he is late or doesn't show up extend the duration.

Put a court order on him, banning him from any form of motorised transport

I think the nature of his driving, which was to weaponise his Jeep as a ram, followed immediately by punching the lad merits some jail time.
Had it just (you know what I mean) been a dangerous manner of driving whereby there was no contact and the young lad was injured unintentionally while taking evasive action, then I'd accept your point about jail not being appropriate. This guy is a real danger and needs to be taught a tough lesson of a short spell inside.

Smudge

Veteran
I hope he gets the book thrown at him...
Although he was lucky it wasn't a different sort of a lad, i imagine there's plenty of young fit 17 yr olds that could have and would have battered this 69 yr old daffodil.

D

Deleted member 26715

This guy is a real danger and needs to be taught a tough lesson of a short spell inside.
So we're clear I have no defence for his actions, I just don't think jail works, although never having been & no wish to go I don't think it's the best solution, maybe it will work for him & it's the the harden criminals that it's failing.

KneesUp

Guru
I used to drive through there fairly regularly as the ex's family was that way - those junctions near B&Q were horrible as I recall, with high kerbs so there was no escape.

But yeah, that notwithstanding, this guy sounds like he has no regard for the safety of others, has no control over his anger, and moreover he's in denial of the fact. None of this was an accident, and there were multiple points where he could have stopped, and at each of those points he made it worse - he was too close, then he hit him, he was shouting at him, and then he punched him, he went to flee the scene, and then he fled the scene whilst driving over the bike. So yeah, prison time, surely?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like the magistrates have kept jurisdiction which suggests they see the penalty as within their six month limit.

Minimum driving ban for dangerous driving is 12 months, to start from his estimated date of release if he's imprisoned.

A dangerous driver must take an extended driving test before they can drive again.

I don't know much about the extended test, but I'm told no one passes first time.

Drago

Legendary Member
The stocks or birching would be ideal for this fellow. And this car should be parked in the town square and the public invited to smash, throw rocks or even torch it while he looks on.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
So we're clear I have no defence for his actions, I just don't think jail works, although never having been & no wish to go I don't think it's the best solution, maybe it will work for him & it's the the harden criminals that it's failing.

I'd no doubt that you weren't defending him!

Top Bottom