What a horrible human

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think that would be a far better result than jail, jail is not going to do him any good, take his license off him for life, make him do community service 10-20 miles from his home & every time he is late or doesn't show up extend the duration.

Put a court order on him, banning him from any form of motorised transport

If he had stabbed someone or attacked someone with an axe he would surely get jail time. To deliberately use a car to attack someone is surely every bit as bad.

tom73

Guru
Victim of crime payments see it that way deliberately driven at you is the only time they pay out when a vehicle is involved.
The fact that it's assault of a child has to warrant maximum tariff even johnny magistrate must see that ?

D

Deleted member 26715

If he had stabbed someone or attacked someone with an axe he would surely get jail time. To deliberately use a car to attack someone is surely every bit as bad.
You appear to be arguing with yourself & not me, I have not nor will condone his actions, however putting him in prison is no the answer.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Where he'll meet some like minded individuals who aren't 17 years old!

Some of the most scary violent individuals in our great land are 14-18 yr old .these are the ones that stab people to death every day.
That aside a nast loony like this old basterd needs a couple of yrs to unwind

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You appear to be arguing with yourself & not me, I have not nor will condone his actions, however putting him in prison is no the answer.

I am arguing with you (stronly disagreeing at least) in that I believe violent assaults, certainly where there is a strong likelihood of death or maiming of the victim should result in prison. I see use of car or knife very much pushes it into this category

For the record I never implied nor do I believe that you condoned the assault in any way

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Victim of crime payments see it that way deliberately driven at you is the only time they pay out when a vehicle is involved.
The fact that it's assault of a child has to warrant maximum tariff even johnny magistrate must see that ?

It was merely a cyclist rather than a human being after all

Drago

Legendary Member
What good will prison do?

Give us law abiding decent folk a break, and keep is safe from this loon while he's out of circulation ;)

Beyond that, not a great deal.

Julia9054

Guru
It seems you don't go to prison if the incident is "road rage"
We've all felt annoyed by other road users so it is relatable. Most criminal acts are "other" since we cannot imagine the circumstances that lead up to committing them.
That's the only explanation I can think of for why they are treated more leniently.
In my area, two years ago, a cyclist swerved to avoid a dog running onto the road. This so annoyed the van driver following her that he chased her down, pulled her from her bike and beat her so badly she broke her pelvis.
He got a six month suspended sentence.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
It seems you don't go to prison if the incident is "road rage"
We've all felt annoyed by other road users so it is relatable. Most criminal acts are "other" since we cannot imagine the circumstances that lead up to committing them.
That's the only explanation I can think of for why they are treated more leniently.
In my area, two years ago, a cyclist swerved to avoid a dog running onto the road. This so annoyed the van driver following her that he chased her down, pulled her from her bike and beat her so badly she broke her pelvis.
He got a six month suspended sentence.
That's disgraceful :thumbsdown:

D

Deleted member 26715

If not him, who would you put in prison ?
What about a murderer ? Surely it's only good fortune the lad isn't dead
It's very subtle & I don't feel it comes over in a text based area, it's a far better discussion to have verbally, I appear to have upset you so I apologise, but my feelings are that somebody who goes out with a knife or a gun are in a different league to somebody driving a car, as said I'm struggling with the words (my failing). But somebody who goes out with a knife, a gun, an iron bar etc. have an expectation that at some point they are going to use it, I'm not convince somebody who goes out in a car which can as much if not more physical damage does.

However if he has only got a 6 months suspended sentence & no driving ban, fine, or have to pay victim compensation then something has gone wrong.

Top Bottom