What a Load of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When I made the transition from toeclips to clipless the main thing for me was ease of engagement. I'd often miss catching the pedal and getting my toe in and would need a couple of goes.

But as to the article. What a feeble attempt at taking something that no one thinks or cares about much, and trying to turn it into a storm of controversy. Meh

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The click bait has done its job, including this reply...

Personally Prefer SPDs to toe clips, easier engagement, and the one time I had a serious off, to my surprise I unclipped in the 'fall' (& I did start of with toe clips) & everyone who uses SPD has an involuntary / non accident 'Clipless' moment at some point, including me (:

I don't know how much uncle Jo cycles, flat pedals may have been the easier option for recreational cycling when followed by the press pack, onlookers, secret service, golf carts and the Internet via YouTube et all...

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The frothing here is worse than the Daily Mail. The premise of the article is that in her opinion beginner cyclists should not use clips and straps. I don't see a lot to disagree with there. Flats are far more suitable to beginners. She is not saying that you old toss bags should not use them, although to be honest there are very few advantages to using them compared to flats or clipless pedals.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
pickles aside, Branson has had a couple of serious crashes, I'm not sure he's safe to be let out on a bike. I'd certainly make sure I was nowhere near him in the unlikely event our cycling paths ever cross

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The frothing here is worse than the Daily Mail. The premise of the article is that in her opinion beginner cyclists should not use clips and straps. I don't see a lot to disagree with there. Flats are far more suitable to beginners. She is not saying that you old toss bags should not use them, although to be honest there are very few advantages to using them compared to flats or clipless pedals.
Releasing your foot from a toe clip involves no more than sliding it back or pulling it up, exactly the same as with a flat pedal. I doubt if Biden or and inexperienced cyclist would clamp the strap round their shoe to tight to extract.

The writer doesn't know what she's talking about.

Top Bottom