What a week to have off as a holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi
I booked this week off work hoping i could get in lots of cycling and enjoy a few days away from home travelling across Wales on my bike, but the weather has certainly put that idea to bed.
It's raining cats and dogs outside with a cold northern wind blowing across. I love cycling but even i will draw the line on insanity.
It's only Tuesday and the boredom has already set in. House has been cleaned top to bottom and the awful day time tv is driving nuts.
Being single i feel quite isolated when stuck indoors for long periods of time and need something to occupy my tiny mind, so I've turned my attention to making something out of old bicycle parts. The outside shed is full of them just gathering dust waiting for time to be recycled.
Don't laugh but ive been busy making a windmill out of old bike wheels. I've used aluminium and copper tape to make the sails by filling in between the spokes. It looks very eye catching in an artistic form. I made the directional sail by threading a long thin piece of stainless steel bar through the QR and attached a piece of scrap aluminium metal to the wire that i cut into a pleasing shape. With a bit of bodging it now spins nicely pointing in whatever direction the wind is blowing.
Hmmm i wonder what else i can make out of all the other bits and pieces in the man cave %=)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Flaming June :rolleyes:

Katherine

Guru
Hi
I booked this week off work hoping i could get in lots of cycling and enjoy a few days away from home travelling across Wales on my bike, but the weather has certainly put that idea to bed.
It's raining cats and dogs outside with a cold northern wind blowing across. I love cycling but even i will draw the line on insanity.
It's only Tuesday and the boredom has already set in. House has been cleaned top to bottom and the awful day time tv is driving nuts.
Being single i feel quite isolated when stuck indoors for long periods of time and need something to occupy my tiny mind, so I've turned my attention to making something out of old bicycle parts. The outside shed is full of them just gathering dust waiting for time to be recycled.
Don't laugh but ive been busy making a windmill out of old bike wheels. I've used aluminium and copper tape to make the sails by filling in between the spokes. It looks very eye catching in an artistic form. I made the directional sail by threading a long thin piece of stainless steel bar through the QR and attached a piece of scrap aluminium metal to the wire that i cut into a pleasing shape. With a bit of bodging it now spins nicely pointing in whatever direction the wind is blowing.
Hmmm i wonder what else i can make out of all the other bits and pieces in the man cave %=)
Well done!
Picture?

alicat

Legendary Member
I had a few days like that in the Lake District once and I was supposedly on dry land.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I've booked (and paid for) two nights camping near Bamford in Derbyshire for this weekend. It was meant to be a couple of chilled family days after my oldest lad finishes his GCSEs. I don't think we will be going in this weather so that's forty odd quid gone..... :sad:

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I've booked (and paid for) two nights camping near Bamford in Derbyshire for this weekend. It was meant to be a couple of chilled family days after my oldest lad finishes his GCSEs. I don't think we will be going in this weather so that's forty odd quid gone..... :sad:
Sorry to read that. Its sods law with our weather grrrr

Smudge

Veteran
About a month or two back, i bought 2 new fans in readiness for any really hot weather like we had last year. Didn't want to wait until they were all sold out like last year.
I knew this would put a hex on a good summer. So i'm sorry, its my fault.

gavgav

Guru
Hi
Me to, and to add to the misery I’ve got a stinking cold :cry:

Top Bottom