What a week to have off as a holiday

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by johnnyb47, 11 Jun 2019.

1. Slow But Determined

Slow But Determined Nid Yw Cymru Ar Werth!

I'm just propelling it back to the top!

2. Old jon

Old jon Veteran

Hmmm, when did it close? Last November we took refuge from the deluge in there. 10781466256_IMG_6527.JPG

3. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Don't be too disheartened by the weather forecast.

We were away for a week in May and the forecast was grim virtually every day, with near monsoons and roaring winds predicted.

We forced ourselves to go out in it though - after all, we were on holiday.
    Here are some of the pics I took:
    IMG_20190507_115606255.jpg IMG_20190506_102755946_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20190507_095539822_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20190507_093730262_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20190507_114032089_BURST000_COVER.jpg

4. lane

lane Über Member

5. I think the cheap flights bit puts folk off. It means to put it bluntly, the serious possibility of pissed up idiots misbehaving on those 2 to 3 hour cheap flights. Having some drunken moron asking you for a fight or threatening to open the plane's door would put me off flying on 'cheap flights'.

6. lane

lane Über Member

They are certainly not under selling it!

"I honestly believe it’s now one of the premier tourist attractions in Cumbria and a fantastic new place to go in the town."

7. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

We're in Cornwall and it's been raining since we got here. No great surprise.....it's Cornwall after all. It's been a bit chilly as well P1050018.JPG with a north wind. I went and bought a large bag of coal.

It could be a lot worse.:okay:

8. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Language!

lane likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    johnnyb47

johnnyb47 Über Member

Just been scanning the weather forecast for tomorrow and there's a possibility of a dry spell later in the afternoon (only for an hour)
    I'll be waiting eagerly for it and will be out front door like and a scalded cat to get a few miles in on the bike lol

NorthernDave, Accy cyclist and lane like this.
  10. classic33

Dredge them in egg, and then in bread crumbs.
    Deep fry in oil until golden brown, and serve while hot.
    Classic Escargot -
    Let your snails/slugs purge themselves in a container of damp lettuce for 24 hours.
    Bring one cup of water or white wine to a boil in a large saute pan, and pour in 2 cups of snails.

Or
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodand...evision-chef-Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstall.html

Deep fried banana slugs

Last edited: 12 Jun 2019
    Accy cyclist likes this.
  11. Shearwater Missile and classic33 like this.
  12. classic33 likes this.
  13. classic33

Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Accy cyclist likes this.
  14. I saw the slugs in tomato sauce bit. Maybe in a creamy carbonara sauce, but bitter tomato sauce...yuk!!xx(xx(

classic33 likes this.
  15. classic33

Where's yer sense of adventure. Those wide open spaces, waiting to be explored.*

*Should the rain stop..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice