What a week to have off as a holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old jon

Guru
Oh yes Lakes as well. Had to resort to the pencil museum with the kids once. It has closed down now. It wasn't very exciting really.

Hmmm, when did it close? Last November we took refuge from the deluge in there.
10781466256_IMG_6527.JPG

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Go to Spain, cheap as chips flights.:okay:

I think the cheap flights bit puts folk off. It means to put it bluntly, the serious possibility of pissed up idiots misbehaving on those 2 to 3 hour cheap flights. Having some drunken moron asking you for a fight or threatening to open the plane's door would put me off flying on 'cheap flights'.

lane

Veteran
They are certainly not under selling it!

"I honestly believe it’s now one of the premier tourist attractions in Cumbria and a fantastic new place to go in the town."

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Just been scanning the weather forecast for tomorrow and there's a possibility of a dry spell later in the afternoon (only for an hour)
I'll be waiting eagerly for it and will be out front door like and a scalded cat to get a few miles in on the bike lol

classic33

Leg End Member
I'll try and get a picture later @Katherine. I'm busy cooking slugs at the moment lol
Dredge them in egg, and then in bread crumbs.
Deep fry in oil until golden brown, and serve while hot.
Classic Escargot -
Let your snails/slugs purge themselves in a container of damp lettuce for 24 hours.
Bring one cup of water or white wine to a boil in a large saute pan, and pour in 2 cups of snails.

Or
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodand...evision-chef-Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstall.html

Deep fried banana slugs

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Top Bottom