What a week to have off as a holiday

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by johnnyb47, 11 Jun 2019.

1. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Look on the bright side, it could be 1975 all over again.
    main-qimg-368efa97765a0519555477a165ec8a89.png

SpokeyDokey and Accy cyclist like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    johnnyb47

johnnyb47 Über Member

Still no cycling sadly but the end of the week hasn't been a complete loss. Been helping out my ex wife's sister and husband move house the last couple of days. Today I've been sat on top of 1943 WW2 jeep tackling a stuck starter motor. Felt quite privileged working on such a historic vehicle . It was rescued many years back after being abandoned in Northern France. My hands still smell of the old wax oil canvass now. (they just have that certain unique smell about them) Eventually we got it to turn over b,ut still wouldn't fire into life. Its been a great day despite the rain. Tomorrow is promising to be somewhat dryer so a ride out is definitely on the card's

3. Shearwater Missile

Shearwater Missile Well-Known Member

Channeling the energy in different directions that has to be good, it diverts the mind from cycling when you can`t get out !

johnnyb47 and Andy in Germany like this.
  4. gavgav

gavgav Guru

The strangest phenomenon has appeared in North Wales, this morning.......a fleeting glimpse of the SUN! Lasted all of 15 minutes.

5. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

You'll be telling us next North Wales has moved into the 1980's

lane, gavgav and SpokeyDokey like this.
  6. Shearwater Missile

Shearwater Missile Well-Known Member

Actually, here in Suffolk we had a good summer in 1975, the year I started work so remember it well. 76 was better still.

7. England seems to be intent on heading back there, perhaps they'll meet in the middle.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2019
  8. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

You do understand the difference between "Weather" and "Climate", don't you?

9. Jenkins

Jenkins Guru

It actually got warm enough for shorts & a short sleeved top today for the first time sine April(ish)

classic33 likes this.
  10. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

IMG_20190614_212215489.jpg

Camping! Midges are eating us alive.....

11. OP
    OP
    johnnyb47

johnnyb47 Über Member

Its been the first day that i managed to get out today. Its funny how lazy you can get when you've not been out for a while. You feel like you have to push yourself that little harder to motivate yourself into getting off the sofa.
    Once out though, it was great to feel the wind in your face. I managed a 35 mile ride and had to negotiate a fair few flooded roads, but overall it wasn't to bad. Let's hope the weekend weather stays kind for us all :=)))

12. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Get a small fire, plenty of smoke, going.

13. Slow But Determined

Slow But Determined Nid Yw Cymru Ar Werth!

Must have some attraction the amount of Saes that move there.

Crackle likes this.
  14. Obviously I don't. Please explain that difference.:popcorn:

15. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

Okay, happy to oblige. Weather is a short term phenomenom which occurs in time periods ranging from a few seconds to a few days. Climate is averaged over a long term period (currently climate is generally averaged over a period of 30 years).

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Andy in Germany and Accy cyclist like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice