What a week to have off as a holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
This has to be the crappest summer ever.:sad: it's June yet it feels like October.:cold: Only about 14 Celsius and grey skies to add to the misery! Climate change 'experts' have got it wrong...AGAIN!!:angry:
Look on the bright side, it could be 1975 all over again.
main-qimg-368efa97765a0519555477a165ec8a89.png

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Still no cycling sadly but the end of the week hasn't been a complete loss. Been helping out my ex wife's sister and husband move house the last couple of days. Today I've been sat on top of 1943 WW2 jeep tackling a stuck starter motor. Felt quite privileged working on such a historic vehicle . It was rescued many years back after being abandoned in Northern France. My hands still smell of the old wax oil canvass now. (they just have that certain unique smell about them) Eventually we got it to turn over b,ut still wouldn't fire into life. Its been a great day despite the rain. Tomorrow is promising to be somewhat dryer so a ride out is definitely on the card's

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Still no cycling sadly but the end of the week hasn't been a complete loss. Been helping out my ex wife's sister and husband move house the last couple of days. Today I've been sat on top of 1943 WW2 jeep tackling a stuck starter motor. Felt quite privileged working on such a historic vehicle . It was rescued many years back after being abandoned in Northern France. My hands still smell of the old wax oil canvass now. (they just have that certain unique smell about them) Eventually we got it to turn over b,ut still wouldn't fire into life. Its been a great day despite the rain. Tomorrow is promising to be somewhat dryer so a ride out is definitely on the card's
Channeling the energy in different directions that has to be good, it diverts the mind from cycling when you can`t get out !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It actually got warm enough for shorts & a short sleeved top today for the first time sine April(ish)

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Its been the first day that i managed to get out today. Its funny how lazy you can get when you've not been out for a while. You feel like you have to push yourself that little harder to motivate yourself into getting off the sofa.
Once out though, it was great to feel the wind in your face. I managed a 35 mile ride and had to negotiate a fair few flooded roads, but overall it wasn't to bad. Let's hope the weekend weather stays kind for us all :=)))

Top Bottom