What about the rugby then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
What wa the score? SWMBO was in, usually works 2-10, but being a nice man I gave her the remote control. Mind, first time she's ever seen it !! :biggrin:

We were losing until the tail end of the first half. If we'd been good, then we'd have been on top all the time and the Tongans would never have got into the game. I can't see us getting anywhere against Australia.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The Australians are going to want revenge for the final of four years ago. With a bit of luck this may make them overkeen and so England could exploit this to make them make mistakes and/or concede penalties.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I can see England winning the Australia game.

Don't know about winning the final, but I think they could get there.......

SamNichols

zimzum42 said:
I can see England winning the Australia game.

Don't know about winning the final, but I think they could get there.......

You're living in a dream world. We play deeply inconsistent rugby ranging from mere average to dire international rugby. Did you see the South Africa game? It was an embarassment. If we get to the final, then all of the other nations playing in the tournament should hang their heads in shame.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Okay, I agree we're not great and I'd honestly be surprised if we beat Australia but let's give them some flipping support eh???? Underdogs often win and woof woof, that's us!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
SamNichols said:
You're living in a dream world. We play deeply inconsistent rugby ranging from mere average to dire international rugby. Did you see the South Africa game? It was an embarassment. If we get to the final, then all of the other nations playing in the tournament should hang their heads in shame.

None of what you say is wrong, just for some reason I think it can happen......

Cathryn said:
Okay, I agree we're not great and I'd honestly be surprised if we beat Australia but let's give them some flipping support eh???? Underdogs often win and woof woof, that's us!

Provided Wilkinson doesn't sprain a toe nail or similar then we still have a chance.

But what's wrong with a bit of national pride? I'm English and I support the England team. If England aren't playing then I support the other UK teams. If none are playing then I enjoy a good contest.

Cathryn said:

Hmm..........Australia has half our population and Rugby Union is their third most popular oval ball game after Aussie Rules and League. They have a Union playing base of 2,000 and we have 36,000 registered players.

Top Bottom