What age did you ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Trying to sort out the mass of photos today I came across some of me and my 1st bike.

Helpfully my parents have dated it.
So it turns out l stared riding a bike at 2 1/2.

so how old did you start ?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I was a late starter. I was 12.

Sharky

Guru
Started with a trike when I was 4. Moved on to a 2 wheeler when 6, but it took me a long time to master it. First road bike (and a fixie) at 10.

But now am more concerned with the thought. What age will I be when I stop.

I learned how to ride a bike about aged 5-6 (I think) and rode in dribs and drabs up until about 16, then took it up "properly" at 25. I`m now 42 and it`s going nowhere:laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Are you talking about riding without stabilisers? I was about 4 or 5. It was at my first house which we moved from when I was 5 and half. I remember my dad letting go of the saddle for the first time.
My son rode without stabilisers at 3, my daughter was 6.

Seevio

Guru
I learned when I was 4-ish. I can remember the bike was yellow and was branded "bobo" and had solid tyres. I can remember that I rode with just one stabiliser but I can't remember the first occasion I rode on 2 wheels unassisted.

Smudge

Veteran
I would have been quite young when i started riding bikes, probably around 5 or 6 i would guess. Although i remember riding bikes throughout my childhood, i cant remember any of them apart from the Sun racer i had when i was around 13.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I was a late starter. I was 12.
Ooops! I thought the thread was about the first bike owned. Obviously I had to be taught how to ride at a much earlier age than 12 but I can't remember how old I was or what the bike was (probably about 4 or 5). I do remember my dad walking along with me and at some stage letting go of the saddle. I went to tell him something and got no answer - he had let go and I didn't even notice!

Top Bottom