What an HGV sees of you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

View: http://youtu.be/wzL0Kyk4m-8

Given the recent cull of cyclists I thought I'd share this video in here, not to scare anyone new to cycling or put you off but to highlight the need to be VERY careful around HGV's and not to undertake them, especially at junctions.

This is apparently what they see in their mirrors.

Personally I feel if they cant design better visability into these things they shouldnt be on the roads, but they are so we must live with it....or...erm...not :smile::cheers:

:popcorn:

There is technology that permits 360 degree visibility, but that would be too much like hard work to spend some cash to save lives - so it boils down to being the cyclists fault for being killed.

What this misses is that in many cases the cyclist is totally and unequivocally visible before the "HGV" overtakes and turns across the cyclist

Kies

interesting to see HGV's and cyclist in London today - heard a few bip their horns before starting the left hand manoeuvre. really got every road user to take note, as we don't hear HGV fog horns in these there parts

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
The discussion.about hgv design is highly.valid and hopefully things will change.
My motive for posting in the begginer section was reall just to.highlight the dangers to any.New to road riding. Last thing anybody wants is more carnage.

I just thought it may.be helpful for peeps to see the view from the cab so to speak.

Top Bottom