What are good & bad brands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I used to live on the east side of norwich but there is very little off road riding near you - actually nothing that I know! Norfolk is probably the worst county in England for off-road cycling.

Try Marriots Way heading N-NW from Norwich city centre - this is a long trail that's a mix of gravel/mud track and some smoother stuff - makes a nice route though; but beware of dogs and horses! This can be made into a circular ride that's about 40 miles from Norwich centre and back again.

Warren

@ tundragumsky

Well I rode around today found some muddy path/ road and went cycling around it and of all the things that could happen a puncture:angry::rolleyes: (And in the back tire:sad: (Ive seen a positive about disc brakes though so much easier when taking off a wheel :sad: )
I knew I should carry a pump and repair kit with me but of course i neva thought i would get a puncture so soon.
Anyways needless to say it was a long walk home:sad:
Well tomorrow going into Norwich to get either that tape stuff that you put between the tire and tube, or those tubes with green slime in, or a better tire as the one it came with has no grip (when grabbing the brakes the tires lock and skid) and is thin or I may get all the above, any ideas?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Don't grab the brakes! You've got twin piston hydraulics there. Learn to feather them, use only one or two fingers. Do you have knobbly tyres on? If so they are designed to give you traction. No tyre on the planet will stop your wheels locking if you grab a big fistful on a loose surface.

Get a puncture repair kit and a pump, plus a spare tube and carry them with you. Don't start changing things on your bike yet, save your cash for the new one......

Warren

Ok well ill take your advice on the brakes, thanks (pretty obvious should of thought about that, used to v brakes).
Well what do you thibnk about this:
Panaracer Fire XC Pro Pair of tires with Tubes for only £48. Ill have spare tubes and better tires and the tires are kevlar so should resist punctures.
I see what you mean about saving money but I do intend on keeping my bike for a while and going off road, and i dont want to keep getting punctures as they really are annoying as i found out today. Also do you know about green slime you put in your inner tubes?

e-rider

crappy member
This is getting silly - you've had the bike 1 day and are about to blow £50 on tyres. So that's £300 for the bike plus £50 for the new tyres - another £100 and you could have got a really decent bike in the first place - crazy!

ChrisCrc

There is a lovely Full Suspension Gary Fisher Frame on Ebay as i write this for £175, If i had not just bought 3 sets of Hydraulic Brakes and 3 wheels from Ebay I would have definitely snapped it up.

A real Bargain

Top Bottom