What are my rights here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Well, for the first half of this thread we were talking about 2 different things; mainly caused by the use of the term 'crank bolt' and a mixed-up description of the problem in your first post.

Then we finially discovered what the actual problem is and I simply pointed out that Shimano use a different name for this part and that if you say the words 'crank bolt' to 100 cyclists only about 2 would think of this part unless you explained in more detail that it was a crank bolt from an integrated system (eg. hollowtech 2 etc).

e-rider

crappy member
It all makes more sense now, definitely faulty goods/ poor assembly causing problems - go back to halfords and get them to fix it all. Bye

OP
OP
G

gouldina

tundragumski said:
Well, for the first half of this thread we were talking about 2 different things; mainly caused by the use of the term 'crank bolt' and a mixed-up description of the problem in your first post.

Then we finially discovered what the actual problem is and I simply pointed out that Shimano use a different name for this part and that if you say the words 'crank bolt' to 100 cyclists only about 2 would think of this part unless you explained in more detail that it was a crank bolt from an integrated system (eg. hollowtech 2 etc).

I see. So to ask a question in the "Know How" section of this board, I need to have a vast and wide-ranging knowledge about the thing I'm asking? I'm not clear about why I'd be asking the question if that were the case.

e-rider

crappy member
No, I was just making a summary of events of how we ended up where we did and how the term 'crank bolt' can mean different things to different people. There is no need to be defensive.

I hope that you now have a clear understanding of your bike's problem(s) so that when you speak to Halfords everyone will be very clear what the problems have been.

As other people have said, and now I agree (since we have established the problems) Halfords will need to fix your bike under warranty IMO. We are however, not legal experts!

Good luck getting if fixed.

OP
OP
G

gouldina

tundragumski said:
No, I was just making a summary of events of how we ended up where we did and how the term 'crank bolt' can mean different things to different people. There is no need to be defensive.

I hope that you now have a clear understanding of your bike's problem(s) so that when you speak to Halfords everyone will be very clear what the problems have been.

As other people have said, and now I agree (since we have established the problems) Halfords will need to fix your bike under warranty IMO. We are however, not legal experts!

Good luck getting if fixed.

Thanks.
They've now agreed to fix it so fair play to them.

Top Bottom