What are these tidbits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
These came with my Felt Z95, what are they?
1390939203489~2.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Any chance of a link that we don't need a password for?

Edit:- Thanks...

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Could the small pin on the right be a spare chain link pin? I can't tell its size from the photo, because there's no common object with which to compare it.

OP
OP
Kookas

Kookas

Über Member
From left to right...

1. shims to adjust the reach on the levers
2. don't know
3. sleeve nut (holds the brake caliper on)
4. rubber bung to go over the hex bolt in the top cap
5. bar tape (don't know why this is useful)
6 looks like a shimano chain link pin

Thanks. Fitted no. 4. for completeness, but it seems odd to provide a spare nut for the caliper and nothing else.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The thing that looks like bar tape looks like it has grit on it . The 3 on it could be 3 M and that's a grade of wet and dry sand paper I think . On the other hand if it is bar tape then its for putting at the rear of the hoods before you wrap the bars incase you miss a bit .
2 looks like its part of 1 .

The thing that looks like bar tape looks like it has grit on it . The 3 on it could be 3 M and that's a grade of wet and dry sand paper I think . On the other hand if it is bar tape then its for putting at the rear of the hoods before you wrap the bars incase you miss a bit .
2 looks like its part of 1 .

It's bar wrap, with a 3M adhesive backing strip - it's not grip tape.

OP
OP
Kookas

Kookas

Über Member
Well, sounds like I won't be needing any of it any time soon. I have to say, though, this bike looks and feels so much higher quality than my old bike. No wonder people spend thousands on theirs.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
middle one looks like the threaded tube you put through the hole in your fork crown to screw the brake caliper on Pass on the rest.

Top Bottom