What are these two Allen screws for ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotjimland

On the underside my Bianchi carbon frame downtube, near the bottom bracket there are a couple of Allen screws.. too close together and too small for a bottle cage.. any ideas ?

1 1/2" apart

2.5mm Allen key fits them

IMG_2828.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Could be to hold a DI2 battery.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Is there a third one a bit further away? If there is, it would be to put a bottle cage on a different height. I have 3 holes on the down tube on my Specialized Roubaix.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

Thanks for replies, I think @derrick nailed it .. I thought of that but ruled it out as I thought the battery went in the seat tube..

Is there a third one a bit further away? If there is, it would be to put a bottle cage on a different height. I have 3 holes on the down tube on my Specialized Roubaix.

Just the two screws shown, and too small for a cage.. thanks for suggestion

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There was a great story I heard of a one off peice of electrical equipment. An extra hole had been drilled in the front panel by mistake so they installed an unconnected LED. "what's that for?" says the customer. "that's the master reset light. If that comes on phone us straight away"

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

Reply from a Bianchi FB page confirms they were for the Di2 battery box before seat tube batteries were around, legacy fitment now.

Top Bottom