What are these

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
A Swedish fire torch - good for cooking.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
yeah pre-burned logs in the swedish style, if kept dry they'll go up right away, stuff the X with kindling and birch bark and light em up. go for hours.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Looks like the remains of a log torch - if I remember correctly one drills down the middle of a log about 80% of the way then drills a hole in the front of the log about 20% up from the ground to meet the other vertical hole. Then stuff some light kindling (like straw) into the back of the lower hole and light it, if you've got it right then the convection effect makes the middle of the vertical hole burn very brightly indeed.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
WoW amazing

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
you can make small versions for cooking with your billy can too, just take a small log about 3-4" accross and about a foot long.
user your hand axe or knife and rock (agh! my fallkniven!) to split it in half lengthways, then each section in half again, plant in the ground together leaving enough room to fill with kindling then light and pop your billy on top of the log. perfect little cooking stand all sorted for you.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2072400, member: 9609"]I have as much access to free wood as I want...[/quote]

Couldn't let us have an artic load for the woodburner could you, cut to about 10" and split if it's not too much trouble? And seasoned. Please.

Top Bottom