What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Happy New Year everyone

We did very little
Had a drink with each other at midnight - seemed to me that Jools got the time a few seconds out - phone, laptop and websites all had midnight when his countdown was only at about 4-5 - or so it seemed

Anyway - we went out for a minute or so to watch other peoples' fireworks then came back in again as it was cold

didn;t even open the fizz as SWMBO as a 'funny tummy' and needed a large tumbler of Baileys instead (????)
so I put up with a nice bottle of red (which I had already tested just to be sure!)

in bed by about half one

have a good one people

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Kids stayed up but me and mrs ck both have been full of cold so we didnt bother , weather outside today is sunny but windy so i am having to restrain myself from riding as im still coughing so i will just do a turbo session later

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn’t make it to midnight but had a good time until about 11 (aided by the football result)

Attachments

• BC25D95C-9CD0-4BD6-A0A6-C14DDBBBFCD2.jpeg
    BC25D95C-9CD0-4BD6-A0A6-C14DDBBBFCD2.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 3

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Had a pretty good end to a total turd of a year. Got a bit of work done, managed a short and wet but benefical impromptu ride, spent the rest of the evening in bed watching quality vintage telly and didn't even notice when midnight came and went.

First year I've stayed in and had absolutely zero FOMO. Happy new year folks :smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
A few years ago I came up with the idea of a midnight ride to welcome the new year in. Last year I couldn't because of my broken ankle and this year I didn't as I am recovering from a bad 'flu. Maybe next year.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A few years ago I came up with the idea of a midnight ride to welcome the new year in. Last year I couldn't because of my broken ankle and this year I didn't as I am recovering from a bad 'flu. Maybe next year.

Sounds like that's working out well for you so far, then :laugh:

I struck upon a similar idea last night whilst out, however considering it was pishing down at about 9pm I didn't fancy trying to stretch it out past midnight.

Better luck this year chap - in all aspects of life :smile:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Great NYE

We went to Gdansk for a few days. NYE local train to Sopot to walk on the beach and have a hot chocolate in the Grand Hotel, beloved by Charles de Gaulle and Adolf Hitler (photo of de Gaulle on the wall, unsurprisingly Hitler was absent)
Big plate of pierogi in the afternoon..wild.boar stuffing with mushroom sauce
Drinks in town
5 course set dinner at a modern Polish reataurant next to the Motlava river. Good wine
Fireworks, flares at midnight (non official Gdansk is economising by not having any)
Flight home in the morning....slept most of the way back

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Happy New year one and all.A 01-30 finish here.So I am minus three hours sleep today.A good little get together.Topic of conversation part of the evening was the Yorkshire Ripper.Mrs P was a constable in the Homes Unit,with no computers,all info was on card.Another guest was a Daily Mail photographer,it was interesting listening to inside stories.Another of our guests a Geordie was himself interviewed twice.I amongst all our night staff at Royal Mail Wellington Street had our fingerprints taken.Anyway it was a good evening.

Sounds like a real live game of Cluedo 🤣

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We had a 2 person party that ended at 7.15am which was great fun.

Dancing, lipsync challenge, charades, drinking and some other stuff were the order of the day.:crazy:

Jools - usual boring fare; used to be great back in the day. Time to call it a day imo.

Sam Ryder - pathetic song choice, pitiful singing and the backing music was dire. Tried too hard to get the crowd going (who were strangely bopping along in a TOTP stylee from years gone by) with his shouts of "Come on" & "Here we go". We were gobsmacked how a guy with some really class tracks to his name on our various playlists could be so bad.

Fireworks display - absolutely brilliant. Seen many over the years but the golden frondy bits* and all the multitudes of spheres* floating down were spectacular; never seen them before.

*Lousy descriptives but not as lousy as Sam Ryder's show.:excl:

Top Bottom