What are you having for Boxing Day lunch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lunch was turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce, tea was turkey salad
Tomorrow lunch will be turkey, tea will be a turkey dinner.
Monday I'm back at work, so it'll be turkey sarnies & then turkey curry for tea
Tuesday left over turkey curry for lunch at work & hopefully there won't be much of it left after that :laugh:
It used to be like that when I was young. Turkey, turkey, turkey... I was used to my mum cooking all the meat and I didn't think much about where it came from.

The last traditional Christmas dinner I had was in 1983. When I went off to university I made my one and only trip to a butcher's shop. Standing in the queue and watching what was going on put me off meat forever! :laugh:

Lunch was homemade bread, plus ham, camembert, homemade gravlax (cured salmon), a pot of tea and a pear and tangerine.

Supper was sliced cold rump steak, potato salad with dill dressing, green beans and vegetable salad and then Xmas pud & custard for afters.

Boxing day lunch was a few stuffing balls and chipolatas, which had not been required for Xmas dinner, so were cooked on Boxing Day, plus cheese, pate and a slice of home made cake.

In the evening, cold ham and turkey with salad and a little mashed potato, followed by home made Christmas pudding with custard.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yes - And I called it Dinner! ^_^

For whatever reason, much as I like gravy with roast meat, I can't associate it with grilled or fried meat.

A piece of pan fried sirloin for me today, which I will have with a simple pepper sauce.

Chips would be nice, but I don't have those so it will be two or three potato waffles.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The last traditional Christmas dinner I had was in 1983. When I went off to university I made my one and only trip to a butcher's shop. Standing in the queue and watching what was going on put me off meat forever! :laugh:

When i was still at school I had a Saturday job at a local Coop & worked on the butchers counter quite a bit, didn't put me off meat as such, but I often did the mince & I didn't eat anything made with mince for years :okay:

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There was a meeting of cultures in the house of an Asian nurse I spoke to.

She said this year her children asked for 'the English Christmas dinner'.

No problem with the vegetables, but as an Indian cook she rarely cooks a large joint of meat.

She did lots of YouTubing prior to putting the turkey in the oven.

The result was deemed satisfactory, although the diners wouldn't have had much to compare it to.

Top Bottom