What are you other hobbies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
I'm really into mountains and wilderness so backpacking, hill walking, skiing, kayaking as well as bikepacking. Apart from these photography and I'm starting to try video making.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Aye. Daughter's gaming set up is 1.6w on standby, son's 4w. Leaving power monitors on them for a couple of weeks now. Hot tub has been powered down ! :laugh:

i may allow ours to powered back up, when the solar gets fitted....but havent told her yet lol

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Wtaf has it got to do with me? 🤷‍♀️ It’s your money to spend on whatever you want :rolleyes:

I don’t even know what the point of that thing is :laugh:

It's just a fuse albeit with a ludicrous price tag. It's an extreme example how ridiculous hi-fi can be.
Imagine the look on the face of someone if it blew the day they fitted.

Do you really think I was serious about buying it?

Gunk

Guru
I don’t have much time for other interests, work full time with a pretty demanding job and have two older teenagers, when I do have some time to myself, as well as building and riding bikes, I always been mad on motorcycles and ride as much as I can. In the past I’ve also restored a couple of 90’s sportsbikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's just a fuse albeit with a ludicrous price tag. It's an extreme example how ridiculous hi-fi can be.
Imagine the look on the face of someone if it blew the day they fitted.

Do you really think I was serious about buying it?

I don’t understand why you felt the need to tag me 🤷‍♀️

I do a lot of day hiking and some overnight backpacking. I usually hike every weekend. I enjoy hikes with bluffs and rock formations. I also chase waterfalls and enjoy scenic overlooks and creeks. I rockhound, too. That's collecting rocks.

I also love snakes, even venomous ones. I don't like to handle them but I love watching them.

I've just got into kayaking. I've never been the best swimmer so I never tried it. I know how to swim. Just never done it. I really enjoy kayaking and I make sure I wear a PFD every time I do it.

I love website management and marketing stuff. I like blogging, forums, SEO, link building, and all that geeky stuff, LOL.

I also love writing. I write for my own blogs and freelance write. I write about 10,000 to 30,000 words each day usually.

All these hobbies keep me pretty busy. I try to get some bike riding in between them!

Goodness me, you must really be banging away at the keyboard to generate that much in a day... :ohmy:

My typical daily output is between 300-500 words a day, but I *do* polish and edit as I go.

Polishing for me is Grammarly Premium. I can usually edit my writing pretty quick with that but I do try to also read it out loud to ensure that I use a personal voice in the tone. That's mainly how I write.

I like to write. I have a few of my own blogs and I want to stay far ahead, so I write a lot of articles for them. And then I have a few clients that want articles on a consistent basis of 3,000 or more words at a time. As long as they keep paying, I'll keep writing, haha.

Polishing for me is Grammarly Premium. I can usually edit my writing pretty quick with that but I do try to also read it out loud to ensure that I use a personal voice in the tone. That's mainly how I write.

Which is, as with many such things, only as good as the person who has written the algorithms... They're not infallible, ergo I much prefer to do things the old-fashioned way. Maybe I'm a Luddite, but that's how I was taught. :blush:

I like to write. I have a few of my own blogs and I want to stay far ahead, so I write a lot of articles for them. And then I have a few clients that want articles on a consistent basis of 3,000 or more words at a time. As long as they keep paying, I'll keep writing, haha.

Quality over quantity for me, I'm afraid. :smile: I've written a PhD dissertation and multiple academic papers, done a stint as a motor racing journalist, had poetry published, written fan fiction and am now currently working on a novel.

Which is, as with many such things, only as good as the person who has written the algorithms... They're not infallible, ergo I much prefer to do things the old-fashioned way. Maybe I'm a Luddite, but that's how I was taught. :blush:

Quality over quantity for me, I'm afraid. :smile: I've written a PhD dissertation and multiple academic papers, done a stint as a motor racing journalist, had poetry published, written fan fiction and am now currently working on a novel.

I totally get that.

I do try to remember that human editing is better than "bot" editing.

They have AI now that will write the article for you. I don't like that at all!

I totally get that.

I do try to remember that human editing is better than "bot" editing.

They have AI now that will write the article for you. I don't like that at all!

AI writing articles... Oooer... :wacko:

Which reminds... Have you ever seen the Star Trek TNG episode where Data recites his poetry? There's also a couple of the books where Data's erm, literary creations form part of the story - "Gulliver's Fugitives" and "Eyes of the Beholder" IIRC...

The books (for ST ones) are actually rather good and thought-provoking.

As far as editing is concerned, there's a real satisfaction in finding the right word or phrase to illustrate a concept, isn't there? It's weirdly addictive in a way... :blush:

Top Bottom