What are you other hobbies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I used to do quite a bit of caving in the early 90's. Great fun !

If your know Darfar* Pot in the Manifold Valley, I was one of the team that found the upper entrance. Other than that it was mostly sporting trips. One of the guys I caved with became a cave diver of some renown , shudder !

*Choose your own spelling for this one.

I don't think I know that one, and haven't caved in the Dales for a few years but have visited most of the classics. I'm not overly fond of ropework to be honest !

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I don't think I know that one, and haven't caved in the Dales for a few years but have visited most of the classics. I'm not overly fond of ropework to be honest !

Its included in the Derbyshire area even though it's in Staffordshire. I did very little in Yorkshire caving areas.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Its included in the Derbyshire area even though it's in Staffordshire. I did very little in Yorkshire caving areas.

Ah yes, I realised after typing that I'd got muddled up. Only done P8, Peak and a couple of others in Derbyshire. Most of my caving has been in South Wales plus a semi annual European trip most years, though not for a while

Alex321

Veteran
Ah yes, I realised after typing that I'd got muddled up. Only done P8, Peak and a couple of others in Derbyshire. Most of my caving has been in South Wales plus a semi annual European trip most years, though not for a while

I used to go caving in South Wales when I was in university (Swansea). And one of our Morris dancers is still a caver, a member of the Chelsea Caving society even though he lives in Swansea, and also a member of the South Wales Cave Rescue team.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I also play the guitar but never had the guts to play publicly. I play along to stuff on YouTube and pretend the cheering at the end is for my exquisite performance 😂. I also play for the grandkids but they don't do a lot of cheering ☹️

Stop their pocket money, until they learn to cheer ;)

Last edited:
If I hadn't just bought my new Colnago, I could have bought this for the amp in my hifi:
Oh hell no. Unless your hifi amp is pulling well north of 500W, there's not even the possibility of that making a difference. My Markbass bass amp was rated at 500W RMS output flat out. That sort of thing does require a decent mains lead, but that's all. This hifi overkill is sheerest twaddle, not backed up by any physics whatever.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I should add, that as a corollary of collecting motor racing memorabilia and maintaining an archive, I've also become reasonably proficient in restoring photographs. It's actually rather addictive in a strange sort of way.
I was going through boxes of papers after my dad died and I found a very tatty old picture of him when he was working in bomb disposal during WWII, around the time that he met my mum. The picture was folded, torn and covered in white paint. I took it home with me, scanned it, then I set about restoring it. After the restoration, I had a new print made and framed it. I took the picture down on my next visit to my mum and presented it to her. She was really touched...

uxbs.jpg

Unfortunately, I no longer have the original picture. Some of the restoration was simply a case of disguising the damage. In the case of the circular plate on the central bomb (just above head height) the damage was so severe that it pretty much had to be painted in.

Top Bottom