What are you other hobbies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Good to hear that it's still being kept alive. Love to watch. Quite keen on folk music and used to go regularly to Cecil Sharp House on Saturday nights. What is your side called?

Sweyn's ey Morris - based in Swansea.

Here is a video of us dancing at the Tredegar House folk festival in May this year (I'm in the middle on the side nearest the camera).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqx03f2xCW4

Last edited:

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I'm now too slow for techno so its funky house and disco.
I dabble with ambient to avoid upsetting the neighbours, Mrs BB and the dog. I’ve also got too many (cheap) guitars for someone who only knows about five complete songs after about 30 years of noodling.

I spend the rest of my spare time as an Army Reservist because being allowed to shoot holes in stuff is cathartic.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've a collection of young trees and shrubs that will eventually become bonsai, a telescope that will now get more use as the nights darken, a big pile of plastic model kits (mainly aircraft), and a banjo ukulele that I've not touched for a couple of years.

Running would probably be my main hobby now.

byegad

Legendary Member
Erm!
Railway modelling, Bird Watching, Photography, RC Cars, both Rock Crawling and Bashing.
Having been retired for 16 years I often wonder how I ever found time to earn a living.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's well dodgy - golf's a rubbish game
At last, somebody who remembers the old Monty Python sketch. Can’t remember exactly what it was about but some sort of TV games show where the contestants hobbies were trotted out. I think the commentators retort was ‘ think he got marked down on the hobbies, golf is not very popular here’.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
At last, somebody who remembers the old Monty Python sketch. Can’t remember exactly what it was about but some sort of TV games show where the contestants hobbies were trotted out. I think the commentators retort was ‘ think he got marked down on the hobbies, golf is not very popular here’.

I think the Avon and District river wideners club was a team name in that or something similar.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
For me it's caving and scuba diving (albeit not done the latter for a year or two and my tanks are now out of test). Apart from that I read, perhaps study even - mostly astronomy / physics, history, and engineering.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
For me it's caving and scuba diving (albeit not done the latter for a year or two and my tanks are now out of test). Apart from that I read, perhaps study even - mostly astronomy / physics, history, and engineering.

I used to do quite a bit of caving in the early 90's. Great fun !

If your know Darfar* Pot in the Manifold Valley, I was one of the team that found the upper entrance. Other than that it was mostly sporting trips. One of the guys I caved with became a cave diver of some renown , shudder !

*Choose your own spelling for this one.

Top Bottom