What are you wearing on your top half in this balmy weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
I'd go longs this week my legs were freezing today and by the time I got home in all that wind I was wobbly for about 5 minutes !

arallsopp said:
Blimey mate, I'd cook in any of those. Mind you, I do find Pearl Izumi kit to be most wondrous and almost worth sweating in. :smile:

10 degrees or below, I'm in a Pearl Izumi base layer (something like this) and a windproof jacket (like this).

On the bottom half, running tights (Nike ones, pre-dating the introduction of zip pockets on the butt) and loose overshorts with drawstrings (found in the back of my sockdrawer).

Without windchill on the top half, I easily keep warm enough. This combination got me through the last FNRttC, the recent snow, and a daily commute in all weathers.

If riding around with the sun up, I may lose the jacket. If riding around in the rain, I get extremely wet. Windproof is not waterproof. :smile:

Oh, and all bets are off if its properly sunny. Then its a selection from the spandex "jersey" drawer, and something requiring very little imagination on the bottom half.

I seem to get cold easily so these were for when it warms up a little. Rode in my Jacket and base last weekend and was way too hot so I figure one of these plus a base will be good for my weekend ride when the sun comes out.

Will stick to my Jacket for the Southend ride with a jumper and base...like i say I get cold easily.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

HLaB said:
This weather is topsy survey, it looked like it was snowing on my ride last night (too dark to say for certain) and tonights commute was in to strong wind/ sleet; apparently its going to get colder still.

Yup, it does seem to have gone a bit crap again. Today was quite windy and I had that classic Edinburgh feeling that it was against me no matter which way I was riding. Had to break out the base layer for the first time in a few weeks.

I've yet to buy the garment I was considering in my original post. One of these days I might make up my mind...

Matthew

Goffins

Nike base layer T-shirt
Thin outer edge cycling top with fleece lining on core.
Gortex tight fit cycling trousers
Pair of football socks.
Windproof Gortex gloves

I always start out a bit cold but I soon warm up.

Top Bottom