What are you wearing on your top half in this balmy weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
soulful dog said:
MacBludgeon, why don't you try something like a long sleeved baselayer, and wear it underneath one of your own t-shirts. It doesn't matter that the base layer isn't as loose as you'd like as you'll be wearing your t-shirt over the top of it anyway.
Agree, only have 1 skin tight cycling cut baselayer, but if I'm off for a long run normally have an old t-shirt in the bag to throw over the top so can stop for a coffee without feeling arkward in it. Other thing is go to a outdoor shop with walking/climbing gear, should be able to get baselayers etc with a more generous cut.

Downward

Guru
I have windproofs jackets but find I am sweating way too much in them.
I usually just wear a short or long sleeve top under them.

Any advice on what to replace the jacket with for these kind of 7-12 degree temperatures ?

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Downward said:
I have windproofs jackets but find I am sweating way too much in them.

When you say jacket are you talking about something like the windproof jersey I mentioned in the first post, or do you mean something heavier?

Matthew

MacBludgeon said:
guys, little help here, I want to wear less but don't have any other cycling gear yet. I want some tops that don't fit like a second skin, do actually reach my size, have a bit of wind resistance on the front and are preferrably bright colours with reflectives built in.

I'm sick of finding stuff on the web only to see their biggest size, XXL, is actually what I mentally class as a medium. Maybe I need to look on US web sites.

Come on, post up some links, take pity on the fat bloke............

http://www.love2pedal.com/ - for all your needs (but don't buy the 'Old Fart' top, as Mr Hippo has that and I wouldn't want you to be confused with him on a gloomy evening :biggrin:) I have ordered from them and found service and product to be good. Quick delivery too. :smile:

e-rider

crappy member
no, I mean, long sleeved baselayer and windproof top up to about 11-12 degrees C - normal top if it's warmer and short arms at about 17 -18 degrees

For the commute I've been wearing a Aldi long slieve top and gilet, I commute in my work trowser and so often wear overtrowsers too and its been a bit hot. For the club run I've been wearing 3/4 bibs, a thin base layer a thin long slieve jersey and a gilet. In the blizard last Sunday I had to wear my montane featherlite and overshoes too xx(

gavintc

Guru
My wife and I watched the sunday blizzard descend on Edinburgh from the bed and decided to take a lazy day. I used the excuse of resting from the race on Sat and she agreed with me. So, if you ventured out - respect, it looked awful.

Downward

Guru
MajorMantra said:
When you say jacket are you talking about something like the windproof jersey I mentioned in the first post, or do you mean something heavier?

Matthew

It's quiet heavy, Windproof and waterproof.

I have used it all winter with base layer and long sleeve top and have been warm enough.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Currently;

dhb Earnley 3/4 bibs (lycra weight, not heavy winter bibs like the Merston 3/4)
Endura Humvee shorts (for stashing train ticket and work id etc)
Short Sleeve jersey
Arm Warmers (either Pearl Izumi seamless, or Cycle Chat)
Pearl Izumi Zephyr windproof Gilet.

garrilla

Top: Two dbh base layers (both long sleeve, 1 high neck, 1 crew neck) or 1 dbh base layer + 1 adidas jersey (both long sleeve) + Altura Night Vision W/P jacket

Bottom: Work trousers + Autura Night Vision Overtrousers

Anyway, the dbh baselayers are nice and cheap, but a good size too (I'm 6'2/18.2, so I need XXL to mean XXL)

Top Bottom