What are your cycling goals for 2010?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
10 mile TT on the club's course <=23 minutes.

More cyclocross, just to enter as many local events as I can get to and get more experience. Let's see if I can manage the same number of laps as the winner in one of the events (this season always a lap down)

Strange target for 25 miles: 1:02:30 on one of the local courses.

Under the hour is going too far, unless it's on the H25/2. So one additional goal is to enter an event on the H25/2.

Crash

Firstly the goal is not to get knocked over and if I'm successful with that then....

Alpe Du'Huez and the other monsters in the the general area :biggrin:
A couple of 10's and 25's no time targeted just want to put a few more of them under my belt next year.
Maybe enter a road race...
and maybe learn how to go past the bloody cafe without stopping :biggrin::biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
This year has been the best i have had.New cycling buddy has seen to that.
So 2010.More of the same.Another cycling holiday.Bridlington was good.Three days cycling .It was a first.And to meet up with the York posse.

livestrong10_02

ride my first 300km audax
attempt the coast to coast via the transpennine trail (mostly offroad) with my then 12yo nephew, hes a non cyclist so should be a challenge.
to ride less AAA audax events than this year :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
zacklaws said:
100 miles in less than 5 and a half hours.

Get out to Hebden Bridge and try some of ColinJ's hilly rides.

And not to crash.
You'll be most welcome and you don't have to wait until 2010 because I promised longers, trio25 et al that I'd arrange one for November!

I'd better fire up my Memory Map software and get organising... :smile:

aJohnson

ColinJ said:
You'll be most welcome and you don't have to wait until 2010 because I promised longers, trio25 et al that I'd arrange one for November!

I'd better fire up my Memory Map software and get organising... :smile:

... And I'll be more prepared for the chilling weather.

I like Fnaar's way of looking at the issue.

I will certainly have achieved more miles in 2009 than I did in 2008, or any of the last 15 years (as I didnt touch a bike in all that time, as I was more interested in canoeing) but for 2010 I would like to set a reasonable figure for each month, and then try to exceed that the following year(s).....

zacklaws

Guru
ColinJ said:

I'd better fire up my Memory Map software and get organising... :becool:

About the only day I'm guaranteed to be free at the moment in November is the 8th and possibly the 7th. Its that time of year now where we do a lot of weekend maintenance work on the ponds I fish through to March, along with the normal job free time is scarce on a weekend but my days off midweek are free to cycle

Just noticed the 7ths out as its the cycling promotions sale in York so will be going to buy some lubes etc and maybe a short ride in the afternoon

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
zacklaws said:
About the only day I'm guaranteed to be free at the moment in November is the 8th and possibly the 7th. Its that time of year now where we do a lot of weekend maintenance work on the ponds I fish through to March, along with the normal job free time is scarce on a weekend but my days off midweek are free to cycle

Just noticed the 7ths out as its the cycling promotions sale in York so will be going to buy some lubes etc and maybe a short ride in the afternoon
I've started a new thread about the coming ride. Unfortunately, I'm away the 7th/8th so it looks like you'll have to make it 2010 after all (unless we have a really mild December and I arrange something else then).

When my company offers the Cycle2Work scheme again, hoping that I will be able to afford a new audax/road bike in the £650-£700 range to commute on. I'd love to be able to say "feck it, I'm buying a Windcheetah Super Sport" but (a) I like my testicles where they are i.e. attached and unremoved with a blunt knife by Mrs Browser and (:biggrin: I can't afford one!
I'd also like to go for a few more rides of a longer distance, and try and get Mrs B to accompany me ;) .

Top Bottom