What are your cycling goals for 2010?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
To tour for as long as possible.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The usual ones, including...

Road:

Do the 5.5 mile climb from Mytholmroyd to Blackstone Edge via Cragg Vale ('between the signs') in 20 minutes.

longest_hill.jpg

If I achieve that, then I'd like to ride from Hebden Bridge to Mytholmroyd, up the Cragg Vale climb, descend to Littleborough and return to Hebden Bridge via Todmorden in under an hour. It's almost exactly 20 miles and has over 1,000 ft of ascent so it's a fairly tough target for me.

There is a TT up the Cragg Vale climb every October. If I'd managed to do my 20 minute climb before then, I'd like to have a go at the TT.

I would also like to do the 4.5 mile climb from Hebden Bridge to Cock Hill (Oxenhope Moor) in 20 minutes. I know from past experience that it takes me the same time as the Cragg Vale climb so if I can achieve one, I should be able to do the other.

If I reached those goals, then I'd like to have a go at doing a decent ride in one of the local hilly sportives. For example, complete the very hilly Pendle Pedal century ride in less than 7 hrs 15 mins. That would put me in the top 30% of finishers. I've previously taken 9 hrs 15 mins and been in the last 5%!

I'd like to do a flattish century (such as the Manchester 100) in 5 hours.

I suppose it would be nice to do a 200 km audax event in 8 hours. My fastest to date was 10 hours for a very hilly one.

MTB:

Get round the Mary Towneley Loop (45 miles very hard hilly off-road) without having crashed, and not suffering too much, preferably in less than 7 hours.

rh100

Admin said:
Mine is to have another crack at doing 100 miles in a day. ;)

Hmmmm.....Next year I would like to:

Cycle further, a 100 miler should be attainable I think
Take part in some kind of big ride - L2B or similar
Lose the lard ;)
Get a shiny new bike
Have a camping holiday by bike, you never know - might get as far as Redditch:wacko:

And as it's a new decade, in the next 10 years would like to:

Touring abroad would be nice I think in the future
and really fancy doing LEJOG or vice versa

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
There's some good ones there ... keep 'em coming.

Quite a few 100 milers in the offing next year then. ;)

on the road

Über Member
Mine is to do more cycling then I have the last 2 years. Been doing an OU course this year so I didnt get much time for cycling, and picked up a knee injury the year before so missed most of the summer.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Brahan said:
I haven't decided quite yet but I'm toying with the idea of a 24.

Excuse for being a bit thick, but is that a 24hr ride ? ;)

I've not decided on my goal for next year, but a 24hr ride sounds good, or back to back ton rides I think

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Admin said:
Mine is to have another crack at doing 100 miles in a day. ;)

let us know when you are free & we'll do York & back, that's a nice easy pleasant route ;)

Will1985

Über Member
Sub 22:00 '10'
Sub 58:00 '25'
Sub 2:00:00 '50'
Maybe have a crack at a '100' - sub 4:30:00
Win a time trial (had several 2nds this year)
Achieve Cat 3 (take up road racing)
Get to a track and perhaps get accreditation
Sprint triathlon (requires massive improvement in swimming)
At least 1 metric century a month

But most importantly: get to Dunwich before 4F and stevevw!!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
1. Do another year without using the car to get to work.

2. Not have a cigarette for another year (not strictly cycling related, but pays for lots of bike goodies).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Get out on group rides more stop doing so much solo, just to experience more places and try and get on better with fellow cyclists. I'd like to get through the 150 and 180 barrier or cycle all the way to London. Other than that not sure I have any goals any more.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Simply to do more miles than this year. Started keeping a record in 2007... in 2008 I passed that record in November... I have passed last years record already (and it's still October)... so just to keep that going really.
This year's ambition was to have no month in which I cycled less than 100 miles total (small mileage to some, but occasionally life just gets in the way!) Have managed that so far, with highest monthly total in June of about 460 miles. :biggrin:

Top Bottom