What are your laptop specs for Bkool simulator?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, need a new laptop as mine is too old and struggling with the simulator.

What specs are people running and are you having any problems?
Do you have a seperate graphics card in the laptop?

If you could post here would be useful to see what I need to buy, and maybe helpful for other new users!

Cheers,
Ed

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
Surface pro 3

kipster

Guru
I'm using an old Dell e6500, centrino dual core @ 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, with a nvidia nvs160m graphics chip. The graphics hold it back, especially in 3D mode. When I replace, I'd go for Core i3, 4gb ram (maybe 8gb), ssd hard disk, and 2gb graphics.

Last edited:
Intel® Pentium® Processor N3700 - Quad core - 1.6 GHz / 2.4 GHz with Turbo Boost - 2 MB cache
8GB of RAM and 1TB of storage. Graphics are on board Intel (R) HD with what appears to be 4MB of available graphics memory according to the device info.

A bit challenged on the graphics front. Looks decent enough until you come to a hairpin my avatar has been seen going through terrain rather than around.

g00se

Veteran
A bit challenged on the graphics front. Looks decent enough until you come to a hairpin my avatar has been seen going through terrain rather than around.

That's more to do with the way the GPS track used to create the route correlates to the terrain map. When I've been in the alps, I've found the recorded GPS track can veer well away from the road - I guess the satellite signal bounces off the mountains. I did a 3D route on Bkool yesterday and when the route has you flying though the air away from the mountain, the system creates it's own bridges snaking through the sky.

That's more to do with the way the GPS track used to create the route correlates to the terrain map. When I've been in the alps, I've found the recorded GPS track can veer well away from the road - I guess the satellite signal bounces off the mountains. I did a 3D route on Bkool yesterday and when the route has you flying though the air away from the mountain, the system creates it's own bridges snaking through the sky.
That might well explain things. I did this odd up in the air thing on Friday and today. Have to say it doesn't distract from the experience.

Baldo Mero

Late 2011 Macbook air core2 duo with 4 GB RAM and external display. All good

Cb300

Brand new laptop AMD A10 8gb ram BT infinity broadband and the 3D is s%#t like Mincraft graphics and cycling through the air ! Everything else velodrome/video routes brilliant though.

Top Bottom