What are your lock down plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I’m just starting to think about what to do if we are locked down as I’m not good at sitting around not doing anything.

My bathroom needs resealing and I have a new shower screen to fit so that’s no more than a day and a half.

I’ll properly clean/service all our bikes

I’ll also service my Honda Fireblade

I’ll also look for some sort of project probably a tatty motorcycle/moped and/or a scruffy older bike.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having been told by the GP to stay put until Monday at the earliest (chest infection and asthmatic) when they'll confirm whether I'm here for 12+ weeks:

- Moved my teaching online so will be supporting students, then marking so they can progress/graduate
- Already swapped winter and summer clothes round
- Already had a new windscreen and wipers fitted for my car ready for the MOT that's due next month
- Ordered some seeds (veg / flower), will organise tubs and compost for them
- Fence painting to do
- A year's worth of filing's been waiting

No bike's to build/restore as they're all done. Will need to find a few because I'll be done within a week :ohmy:

Last edited:
Service the van and Mrs Ridgeways car
Try to find a new sink and install it (really odd size)
Tidy the loft
Trim both dogs coats
Some electrical work on the trailer
Sort out my fishing tackle

Get some extra KM's in whilst i can.....

contadino

Veteran
I normally work at home so in that respect it'll be normal. However, in all likelihood my employer will go to the wall. Whilst I love my job, I don't really need to earn a living and would rather be working on my house or garden.

The biggest frustration will be the weather improving and not being able to get out and enjoy it.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I intend to just carry on going about my business as normal.

delb0y

Legendary Member
I shall be working from home. But it'll be nice not to have to go to bed early in order to get up early for the long commute. So in that respect it could be a quality of life improvement.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Lay paving around raised beds.
extend, widen and cut curves into a slab path.
Create a new veg bed
sow veg seed
plant spuds into large tubs
play guitar
take photos
get rid of old crap photos
check on neighbours
wash/clean car inside and out
wash and service bikes
bake bread
paint watercolours
make driftwood houses
Drink coffee.

Then go back to work for a rest!

Much as I'd like to say it will be business as usual for me, there is no way it could be if a full lockdown was declared. I am not sure how people say it can be unless they spend their day at home anyway. I suspect there may be some bravado in play here.

If I have to stay at home:

1. I have ordered a pile of fencing materials to do the work I have been meaning to do for two years.

2. I have bought a load of slate chippings to tidy up a corner of our garden.

3. I have three bikes to build in the shed, plus my SIL's Pinarello to renovate.

4. I have bought a turbo trainer 😠

Top Bottom