What are your touring plans this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Kiev 60, if I recall correctly.( Not my own picture below)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-rbfnUGtRkHr7KT-WFm7Iy-v-ptiT_HOi522t8zNYmVaw3zJ-7w.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

That's pretty cool video! Looks like Thomas Lincoln built pretty much the same farmstead in the same way wherever he went. Looks quite a bit like the farmstead near Charleston-Mattoon, Il, where Thomas Lincoln lived after Abe was grown, I believe. Thomas and Sarah Lincoln are buried in the Shiloh Cemetery nearby. Abraham Lincoln visited the grave site of Thomas directly before traveling to Washington to assume the presidency in 1861.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Kiev 60, if I recall correctly.
Ah, I had (well, still have, actually) a Lubitel 166, so thought you might have been referring to that. My first ever camera was a Zenit-E, which my father pulled out of the attic after 29 years and sent to me. I dusted it off, stuck a roll of film in it, shot it, processed it - good as new. :-)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
No, when I was in the photo business, we got a load of Pearl River Cameras in, so I got one of those. Really a pretty nice TLR for the small amount of money. I think we remaindered those for 30.00 back in the late 80's or early 90's.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Plans are firming up but they are all mini 'weekend epics'

Long weekend mini-tour Glasgow to Carlisle in June
Week trundling around Normandy later in the same month
Long weekend Welsh end-to-end in July
Short weekend Builth Holyhead in August

lots of s24o's and hoping to break 100 miles in 24 hours at some point..

...and hoping to try out some hammock camping which looks ideal for s24o's

CS

Bikerchick

Quite a few trips coming on this year. Week in Ireland over Easter , week in The Loire in May, then June I'm taking the ferry Portsmouth to Santander, then have 8 days to get to Nice, stay there for a few days then 7days back, different route, before ferry back to Portsmouth, then 2 days home. Hopefully I will find some sun.

Trickedem

Guru
Just booked a trip in June to Brussels for myself and two friends. Cycling from Rochester down to Dover, around 50 miles. Then ferry to Dunquerque and stay in a Formule1 hotel. All cheap so far. £15 for the ferry and £27 for the hotel. On the Saturday we are cycling 80 miles to a town called Gerardsbergen. Then on Sunday about 40 miles via Waterloo into Brussels. This segment is a bit more expensive particularly for the Eurostar where we only paid £40 for the tickets, but then £30 each to take the bikes :sad: Really looking forward to this trip, which will also include the sampling of lots of Belgian Beer!

oldleggs

Über Member
Thinking of going to Poland. Ferry Dover to Dunkirk then Luxembourg Belgium Germany and Poland. Just wondering has anybody on here cycled in Poland. Have done some research recently but would appreciate some first hand experiences.
Thanks oldleggs

Top Bottom