What average MPH is good over a 10 mile ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Joe24 said:
Errrrrm, no:wacko:
Just because you advocated violence and i went against it, theres no need to be stroppy now is there?
You forgot the capital T at the start of your post aswell. I mean come on!! At least put some effort in.

don't they do reading and comprehension at school anymore?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
MacBludgeon said:
don't they do reading and comprehension at school anymore?

Yes.
You wanted to smack someone for riding in a way you didnt like
I dont like the way you type, it causes me offence and might damage my brain, what can i do?

MacB

Joe24 said:
Yes.
You wanted to smack someone for riding in a way you didnt like
I dont like the way you type, it causes me offence and might damage my brain, what can i do?

Joe, the place to argue about whether I advocated violence or not is in the thread I posted that, not here. Suggest you go and read what I typed and then post in that thread exactly where I did so. I'll happily go over it again but I'm not getting into a running point across multiple threads, it's messy.

Back on this thread, was I wrong, were you not going to beat the fixie drum again?

someone has mechanical issue with gears - Joe posts get a fixie
someone has a sore bumb, hands, neck - a recumbent rider posts get a bent

Do you see the similarity?

Joe24

MacBludgeon said:
Joe, the place to argue about whether I advocated violence or not is in the thread I posted that, not here. Suggest you go and read what I typed and then post in that thread exactly where I did so. I'll happily go over it again but I'm not getting into a running point across multiple threads, it's messy.

Back on this thread, was I wrong, were you not going to beat the fixie drum again?

someone has mechanical issue with gears - Joe posts get a fixie
someone has a sore bumb, hands, neck - a recumbent rider posts get a bent

Do you see the similarity?

Yes
However, i was going to say hub gears;) Its not the gears he has problems with, its the mech.
Or, are you abit up tight because you wont ride fixed and cant ride a bent?

MacB

Joe24 said:
Yes
However, i was going to say hub gears;) Its not the gears he has problems with, its the mech.
Or, are you abit up tight because you wont ride fixed and cant ride a bent?

amazingly even an internet conversation with you can't get me uptight. Though it can, and does, cause me to re-read my posts to try and see how you've managed such a gross misinterpretation, of what I've typed, yet again.

Think more along the lines of subtlety, for example, you had no need to put the winky smiley after 'hub gears'.

Joe24

MacBludgeon said:
amazingly even an internet conversation with you can't get me uptight. Though it can, and does, cause me to re-read my posts to try and see how you've managed such a gross misinterpretation, of what I've typed, yet again.

Think more along the lines of subtlety, for example, you had no need to put the winky smiley after 'hub gears'.

Sorry;)
Wooops, can i not put one there;)
I do appologise;)
Im off now, toodles, dont get too stressed now will you;)
:biggrin::girl::smile::girl:

colinr

I fell rather inadequate. My average speed for any kind of ride is 15 kilometers per hour.

If it's any consolation, my legs are stiff as heck today after that ride. Unless you're planning on racing, just compete against yourself.

Al Fowler

peanut said:
ouch ;) hope its back soon :biggrin:

The guy who owns the shop is pretty rapid at getting everything fixed, ive had to take it in three times to be mended....(variety of reason) and ive had it back within a day or two.

He hasnt got a part for something or other so its going to take longer, but hey ho.

OP
OP
T

Toby_2009

Al Fowler said:
Just wondered how your doing with your 10MPH toby?

Hi,

Haven't rode the 10-mile TT many times but last time I did I was up to 17MPH average and that was a couple of weeks ago but thanks for reminding me, I might to that tomorrow!

Cheers,

Toby

montage

God Almighty
I used to average 20mph (this required alot of effort) on my 8mile commute on knobblies..... I should be alot faster on my road bike for TTs....but I haven't had a TT that hasn't gone wrong yet, and had a few injuries that keep knocking me back ....grrrr

17mph is good on a mtb ;) keep it up

Al Fowler

Toby_2009 said:
Hi,

Haven't rode the 10-mile TT many times but last time I did I was up to 17MPH average and that was a couple of weeks ago but thanks for reminding me, I might to that tomorrow!

Cheers,

Toby

I get my bike back from the menders after what seems like months tomorrow....may have a bash at a 10 mile route.....see if i can kill myself in this heat:biggrin:

Top Bottom