What book are you reading?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hilldodger said:
Do! It is equally as good as the first book and set in the same town. The historical detail is superb.

Just reserved it at the library... Do I need to re-read pillars of the earth first or will it make sense without it? Think it's over 10 years since I read it...

papercorn2000

I was in Lanark last week!

I'm reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" for the first time since I left school. I really don't remember much about it at all!

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
punkypossum said:
Just reserved it at the library... Do I need to re-read pillars of the earth first or will it make sense without it? Think it's over 10 years since I read it...

No, you don't need to, it will stand alone as a book on its own but there are references to characters from the first book.

SamNichols

I take issue with the question in the title. It should be: 'which book are you reading?'. I'm reading four:
1) Beat Generation: Jack Kerouac
2) The Alchemist: Paulo Coelho (which isn't very good)
3) Harry Potter and the half blood Prince
4) Perfume: Patrick Suskind

I also have a Ewan MacColl biography waiting for me when I get back to Manchester.

Tetedelacourse

papercorn2000 said:
I was in Lanark last week!

I'm reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" for the first time since I left school. I really don't remember much about it at all!

Christ that's a blast from the past.

Tetedelacourse

Plax said:
21 CFR Part 820 Quality System Regulation.

Much rather carry on reading Lords & Ladies by Terry Pratchett though. Far more entertaining.

I used to have to run training courses on Part 11. Like getting wallpaper paste drip-fed into your veins. Nae luck.

Tetedelacourse

BTW I'm still reading The Death of Marco Pantani. That's about 4 months and counting now. He's still alive at this point. Just no time these days for reading.

derall

Guru
Just finished Charles Stross 'Halting State'
Just started Iain M Banks 'Matter' (and hoping it's going to be better than The Steaming Pile of Garbage that was The Steep Approach to Garbadale...)

Dipping into A C Grayling's 'Against All Gods' and John Allen Paulos' 'Irreligion'

Top Bottom