What brainboxes have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Just do like I did and marry someone, who despite only having about 3 O Levels, earns in excess of £40K and then you have no need to boast about your qualifications! ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
12 O Levels
5 A Levels
BSc
Doing an MA
TESOL Cert
Das kleine Sprachdiplom des Goethe Instituts

I'm bugger all good with computers and mobile phones though. I have never successfully retreived a voice message from the mobile and the good thing is I don't give a toss.

simonali said:
Just do like I did and marry someone, who despite only having about 3 O Levels, earns in excess of £40K and then you have no need to boast about your qualifications! ;)

or somebody with 5 O-levels on £90k.....that, my friend is the value of education!

- Cycling proficiency and gold swimming ;)
- No o-levels, as there weren't any...
- A german A-level equivalent in History, French, Biology and English and Sports
- Various strange vocational qualifications, some of those issued by the Chamber of Commerce
- 1 BA (hons)
- a strange backwards qualification in the form of an NVQ in contact centre operations :thumbsup:
- on the last leg of an advanced counselling diploma
- can see an MA in CBT or psychotherapy coming my way, if I can find the funds...

Noodley

I suppose it depends on how much value one attaches to:

a) qualifications and/or
;) income

I have some qualifications and some income. I am quite content with both. No need to make an issue where there is none.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Common Sense is a good one - no one has mentioned it, there is no qualification - but it is the most highly prized attainment.......

I know I have got it and the 'appreciation of what others do' - that's another good one.... no degree in that........

Common sense - great in all aspects of life, and can be APPLIED. Appreciation of others - GOOD for APPLYING YOUR HARD EARNED QUALIFICATIONS / OR SKILLS ...... that's what matters.....

How about an accountant that can talk to non accounting staff - especially Academics or Quantity Surveyors/site staff - I've got that......... just talk that's it - no techno babble............

Noodley

simon l& and a half said:
the only qualification that I'm truly proud of is a City and Guilds in Bricklaying and Masonry. With Distinction

Oooh get you! Always one step better ;)

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Just remembered: I'm a qualified First Aider, have an NVQ something or other in Food Handling and Hygiene and grade eight Oboe.
Amongst my other accomplishments: I won the sack race (and still have the medal) in The British Forces Germany Schools' Athletics Championship in 1965.

freakhatz

betty swollocks said:
Let's boast about our intellectual prowess: what's your academic qualifications?
How many BAs MAs PHDs etc. have we?
Moi? Well I got nine O levels, 4 A levels and a CQSW: erm, that's it really.

Fings I got at school. The rest is history.

NickM said:
Whoah! that's some serious oboe!

Not my favourite instrument, I must admit, but Grade 8 in anything was well beyond me (and I tried most...). I'm impressed :smile:

I remember when I was at university everyone claimed to have Grade 8 in at least one musical instrument. I hadn't a clue what it meant, but I rapidly learnt that I was to look suitably impressed.

Top Bottom