What brainboxes have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fnaar said:
I work in "academia", and though of course I am brilliant (;)) there are some folk here who I really don't know how they manage to tie their shoelaces or get home of an evening.... AND, I've never, ever worked in such a humourless, paranoid environment! Take me away!!!!!!

Humourless and paranoid? Do you work at Durham University? ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kirstie said:
Humourless and paranoid? Do you work at Durham University? ;)
No, but I knew a man who did....

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I have 9 O levels and 3 A levels, all with good marks, and a few professional qualifications. Not much really, compared with most of my class, more than half of whom have PhDs, so that makes me feel like a serious underachiever. (I'm chuckling now at Tynan's best school comment from a few weeks ago).

Carwash

Señor Member
Dayvo said:
6 O-levels
2 A-levels
BA Hons (2.1)
Some outdoor sports certificate from a college in Norway
TEFL certificate

and am currently a homeless, unemployed greenkeeper. ;) ;)

Sorry to hear that Dayvo. ;)

If all else fails, the TEFL certificate should see you right - you've clearly no aversion to travelling!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Patrick Stevens said:
Was his IQ noticed as a result of his constantly defending himself sucessfully? :angry:

Surprisingly people who knew him tolerated it to an extent because he was so harmless...

And despite what Kirstie may have you believe, I get to see women's underparts in the more normal way... despite having an IQ that's not apparently so much lower. xx(

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flying_Monkey said:
... I get to see women's underparts in the more normal way...
Ah, so you have a pair of binoculars too! :angry:xx(

Patrick Stevens said:
Even worse than that, you can end up with medical students telling you that you're not a real doctor and can't teach them anything. This happened to a friend of mine with a Ph.D who taught endocrinology in a teaching hospital.

(Late reply sorry). I must admit I don't find that, but then I am really brainy (just look at my avatar!)

When I lecture I am teaching a technical subject so they generally know hee haw about it, so I can tell them any old rubbish (whic is just as well ;)).

I also remind them that unless you have a PhD or an MD (a cheap PhD) your only a doctor by job title! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom