What brainboxes have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I've got virtually nothing, left school with nowt but've done/gained quite a bit since school so school is the basis and the start and should not be what you are judged upon in this life !

Hugo15

Über Member
9 GCSEs
3 A levels
BSc (Hons) in Economics
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants examinations

ASC1951

Guru
surfgurl said:
Can I claim a prize for the most irrelevant qualification? I have a MA in Popular Culture.

Well, maybe. There is some strong competition on here.

I have (well, had*) an Explosives Licence
and Economics, Greek, Latin and Ancient History A levels
and the Royal Lifesaving Society Distinction Award
and a 1964 Cycling Proficiency.

M.A. Cantab, which is a bit more relevant.

I do still have a job, but with luck only for another 13 months.

- -
*in case anyone is thinking of breaking into my shed.

redcogs

Guru
yenrod said:
I've got virtually nothing, left school with nowt but've done/gained quite a bit since school so school is the basis and the start and should not be what you are judged upon in this life !

Nice one yenners. i agree absolutely.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
8 'O' levels GCE :smile: (including French, German and Spanish).
1 'A' level in French, failed the Mathematics A level. This shows the non-existent career advice we received. I just chose the subjects I liked best.

Various short arm and tryping quals (remember those?). I even learnt audio typing and short hand in French.

London Chamber of Commerce Language Certs in French and Spanish.
I think the two together are equivalent to a degree, except no Literature content, there was "business studies" instead.

I have done a lot of different and interesting jobs, including Export of Live Animals. The best one as a Language Technician in a College, which involved (amongst other things) the use of a screw driver in three languages. :biggrin:

yenrod

redcogs said:
Nice one yenners. i agree absolutely.

My Maths mark was U = unmarked and similiar for the others - embarrassed you bet ya' baby.

Since then Ive a Sage Acc. exam (+plus work experience), can get by in French and Italian. Could work in a leisure centre with qualifications. Have a City & Guilds in Book-keeping in accountancy and plenty office based courses.

Lifes about experiences not qualifications ok you take an exam then what...?

What aobut life AFTER the exam thats when the personality AND the qualities come in never mind 'exams'...

:But I'd rather ride a bike instead.

But have to work for the cash to pay the bills.

:smile:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
craigwend
BA,DipC,DipSW,DipHE,CertMH

Yes I have qualifications which sound like the Teletubbies to put after my name!

Would like to add a MA to add to the stupidity, but can only do a MSc through work.

Financially, the plumber a few doors off is 'considerably richer than me!' (Fake Harry Enfield voice)

purpleR

Guru
cycling proficiency c.1987
1 'o'grade
9 standard grades
7 highers
1 csys
BSc Hons
PGDip
grade 8 viola!
don't use much of that lot these days, but I'm told I can be really geeky about grasses from time to time :smile:

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Well I'm home now after having been and gone and done me shift at work and have just read through the whole thread so far.
Anyone know what the collective noun is for a bunch of intellectuals with disparate specialities, who share, or are brought together with a common interest?
Maybe there isn't one: in which case, may I suggest a 'Bletchley'?

Top Bottom